Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Shirleyv,
Try contacting Rob and Shemina at Children Walking Tall charity. They'll be able to tell you if they need them or suggest somewhere else for you..
Alan
Thanks gooner... Shirlyv, You are more than welcome to bring them to Children Walking Tall. Shermina went up to Mumbai a few weeks back and gave out 605 sets of clothes, many of them babies clothes. So we try to give them out as often as possible. If you give us enough notice we could try and organise a trip (where you come along) to give them out too if you can give us an idea of quanities etc.

You can email us via our website below...
Great , glad to be of help will not be coming until December but will contact you nearer the time and can arrange something, just nice to know they will be useful for someone.
No problem, if you already have dates etc we might be able to sort out free extra luggage allowance for you too (for the charity items).

If you go here...

http://www.childrenwalkingtall.com/Luggage.htm

It will tell you all the info we need to know...
they would be very much appreciated at the orphanage.i went last year to the orphanage at panjim with some clothes and donated £50, (i won it over a bet with my m8,in losing some wieght)it really made me appreciative of what i have in life.walking tall is also a very good charity,either way you can rest assured it willl be going to a good cause. :D
Hi we will be flying out in April and i have a lot of toys for young children ( 2 years +) . My hubbys going mad saying he cant move for all the toys in the house so im trying to get rid of them. As he isnt coming on this holiday because of his broken leg he said when we're away hes going to chuck away most of the toys our toddler doesnt use, so i thought rather than doing that i could bring them to Goa with me in April. They're mainly toy cars, a few activity sets and trucks. I dont think ill need extra luggage allowance because we arnt taking much else with us, my toddler can share my suitcase and my nephews so there will be a spare suitcase to use as he gets luggage allowance because hes over 2 years.
Im just wondering if it would be possible to bring them over?
yummymummy scroll up the page a bit and see a posting from Rob from the charity Children Walking Tall, i think this will answer your question, also have a look at the website and you'll see all the good work that they do; if you take your childrens stuff to him and Sharmina you'll get to see the good work that they are doing out there, they are a young charity and whatever us regulars to Goa and the HT forum users can do will be benificial to the people that they help.

hope this answers your question

jayne :wave
Toys are always appreciated, depending on size that might be good gor Christmas presents, I know it might sound a little early to think of Christmas but we're hoping to give out around 750 presents this year (fingers crossed). If they are larger then they can be used at the house..

You are more than welcome to email us uf you do require extra luggage (see our website for the address)
how about toys from a famous fast food outlet would they be of any use
derek
ps rob we would be very interested in a visit we arrive on the 2nd march for 14 days
Yeah that would be great! They are great for stocking fillers. You're more than welcome to visit us. If you contact us when you arrive that wouldbe great. Our phne number and address (of the Mango House) is on the website...
will do rob phone you in eight days from now
derek
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.