General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've taken dried foods abroad, have never been asked at check in if I have any in my hold luggage. :que
Hi,

I've also regularly packed foodstuffs in my hold luggage without any problems. You certainly shouldn't have any problems for the European part of the journey.

I've tried to do a search for Ghana, but the only info I've found seems to relate more to import / export for business, so is unlikely to be relevant for the quantities you'd be taking. When I went to Senegal, I had queries relating to some items I wanted to take, based on customs & excise info I'd read, and ended up sending my query to the embassy. Turned out everything I wanted to take was ok. If you're concerned, the following is a link to the contacts page for the Ghana High Commission:

http://www.ghanahighcommissionuk.com/contact_us.html

Who have you booked with? If they've recommended these items in an info pack, and have experience in sending people to Ghana, it's to be hoped they'd know what you can and can't take.

What will you be doing there and where will you be staying (Accra / Kumasi...?) Am hoping to go to Ghana myself sometime and would love to hear a bit more.

A.
Thanks Sunstruck, im booked to fly KLM which is a dutch airline, but the trip itself id booked with Original Volunteers (i had to do my own flights seperate from the trip).
Hi,

Sounds like how I organised my Senegal trip, although not with OV. I've had no experience with them, and would hope that they do know what you can and can't take. That said, my volunteer organisation included a couple of things on the medical checklist that I was told by a pharmacist it's no longer legal to sell /buy in the UK :que So I guess it's worth checking anything you're unsure of.

A.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.