Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
tandoori chicken
24 Posts
That looks really fantastic. I had looked into buying a tandoori oven earlier this year, but they were not frost proof and I didn't want to have to worry about bringing it in in the winter.

Where did you get the clay oven/tube and lid from?

Think I'm going to show OH the slideshow of this, perhaps a project for him next year!! ;)
clay oven :rofl , its a plant pot - i just cut the bottom away and turned it upside down :-). I used the materials that can stand our winters (down to -30 C deg) and I cover it well during the winter, to avoid water leakage inside the oven.
btw. the building process itself was fun, to say nothing about enjoying the naan
argo
:rofl I did wonder if it was a plant pot, but didn't like to say that! The naan bread looks great!
I've told OH about it and sent him the slideshow - he's responded by taking the dogs for a great long walk!
Just occurs to me, you could probably make a mint building these for all the HT regulars! :cheers
you must build these with love and careness - it takes time ... are HT regulars willing to host me for couple of months, bed, breakfast and drinks included (and if on the house, i can be a heavy drinker :D )
argo :rofl :tup
:rofl :rofl we had all better made sure we get copious supplies of Honeybee then! :cheers
Elephant, can you give me directions to your place, as i'm coming round for diner on saturday :rofl

It looks great!

J.
Do you know what argo, I could just smell the chicken cooking as I flicked through the pics, fantastic my friend....jxk8
thanks! :D
I can assure that the chicken was delicious and naan tasted (allmost) as in goa. the sound of the ocean and nice shack people were missing.... :cry
162 sleeps to go....
argo :wave:
If you are not clever enough to build a brilliant one like this one you can buy one at -
http://www.tandooriq.co.uk

There are also some good recipes on the site.
Hey Argo

Fantastic! You have made a brilliant job of it - my hubby has asked if you could post written instructions?

Thanks a million
Jo x
If you have time i would also like instructions to go with the photos did you have to use fire proof cement etc etc...

thanks

ryan
Hello all interested ones,
I have trouble explaining it in english , very many specific words but I try to do it . I'ts raining outside and forecast says it will be raining for a long time - I use this time for writing instructions (and thinking about goa). it seems that the construction is good because there are no cracks and the design guaranees extremely high temperatures.
Thanks for the interest,
argo
Thanks Argo

Look forward to it

Jo x
hello
as there was interest in how to build a tandoori oven, i added comments and instructions how I did it, to my photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7729989@N03/sets
there is set named "Tandoori oven 2008 August"
There are some photo sets about my previos visits to Goa as well, feel free to check :D
Tandoori oven (Clay Oven) design is based on what i did see in Calangute shacks and main part of the receipes are from Calangute and Manderem. "how to make a naan" is combined information from Goa and from internet.
With all the best, wishing success in buildingwork,
argo
Argo :wave: Thank you so much for taking the time to write the construction details, you are very talented, and what a beautiful garden you have.
Greetings from Bavaria to yourselves in Estonia x lassi
Thank you x lassi for the kind words.
i hope my instructions help and somebody grabs the idea. i can assure you, that emotions, enjoying the first naan, is really worth the trouble (actually this was not the truble) :tup
argo
argo what a lovely garden you have. thankyou for sharing it with us. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.