Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

We have booked for September next year, I have been reading reviews on other sites and they are good ones. Really looking forward to it, just seems a nice small hotel.

PaulaL
I have booked for May 2010. I changed hotels because I originally booked The Magic Tulip and reviews were terrible. I'm glad I did.
What reviews sites have u been looking at?

Lisa :)
Hi This is the hotel website.
http://www.grandtaner.com/eng/index.php
And have a look on this site search for Grand Taner hotel. Full link wont work for some reason :que
http://www.holidaywatchdog.com
Tf :smokin
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2009-07-29 16:13:02
    link won't work as the site removes any links to HT so we don't allow theirs. Their fault not ours.
Are you sure this is the same hotel as the one in Thomson brochure called Tanner Hotel?

Yes it does look the right website, sorry.
I am glad I swapped hotels now.

Lisa :cheers
We were in Olu June this year and the Taner or grand Taner :) was near our hotel and looks very nice.
TF :smokin
Going to the Taner in September for the eighth time. It's a lovey, small, clean hotel in the heart of olu deniz. What more could you want.
I have tried to email them twice asking for a high floor room, but no reply.

Lisa :(
I've added the Grand Taner hotel to our website. If anyone has stayed here please be the first to add your review here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/olu-deniz/grand-taner-hotel/

Many thanks :tup
Re e-mailing, Taner isn't the best person to reply to e-mails. If you put in the e-mail "Please reply" he usually does, but it's only "ok". He doesn't speak the best English.
Just to let you know that I received a reply.
I sent the new message through the reservation page and he must have read it.
He asked me to re-email him in Apr.

Lisa
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at the Taner Hotel in Olu Deniz with children? We have booked to go in September with our twin boys that will be 16 months old, just wondering if the rooms are a decent size as we will be having 2 cots in room, we nomally stay in the Karbel Sun Hotel so hoping that the room will be bigger than that.

Really looking forward to the holiday!!

Thank you

PaulaL

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
I have booked a fortnight here for May 2010, we stayed in The Karbel this year. I noticed that when I booked it back in June/July time, I paid £300 per person and now its over £500 per person.
Its a 'new' hotel Thomsons are using next year and reviews on Trip Advisor are pretty good too.
Anyone who has stayed here:- how far is it roughly from the main strip and beach, what is the breakfast like and is the W-fi free in the hotel because I was thinking of taking my notebook with me.

Thanks
Hello,

We are staying at the Grand Taner in Olu Deniz for the first time (in this hotel) in September, cant wait!! It will be my husband our twin boys of 16month by then and me, I am wondering if there are fridges at this hotel and also is the safety deposit boxes in the room or in reception?

Also has anyone stayed here with children? And are the rooms ok in size? Just hoping its not to squashy with 2 cots in!!

Really looking forward to visiting Olu Deniz again.

PaulaL

Safety deposit boxes are in the wardrobe so out of sight, they r chargeable, fridges you will need to ask for one, again chargeable and also the air conditioning too.
I stayed there back in May this year.
Had a lovely time in resort. I found with this hotel, if you stayed around the pool all the time and never ventured off and bought from the bar, the staff 'were your friends' and could not do enough for you however, if you didn't stay around the pool, you really never got a word out of them.
They do not like you bringing any food, water etc back to the hotel which is not bought from the hotel.
Rooms are adequate, not too small and well maintained.
:(
Thanks for the quick reply, do you know how much the charges were for Air con, safe and fridge?

I have read a couple of reviews saying the same thing as you about getting looked after as long as your spending around the pool!!
I only went for the safety deposit box which I think was about £2/4 per day.
Got back yesterday.
Had a lovely 2 weeks.
Good, clean 2 star hotel, located well.
Breakfast very poor, however, thats always been the case with 2/3 star hotels in Turkey and Greece with Thomsons.
I did feel though (as also mentioned on Trip Advisor's reviews), that if you stayed by the pool all the time (boring) and bought items from the bar, then the staff were 'your friends' and couldn't do enough for you.
A notice did go up asking that no food/drinlk came into the hotel from outside. Well, water from the hotel bar cost 3 times more than from the supermarket so if they thought I was gonna buy from them, then think again. Its my holiday which I have paid for and they received money for, I choice who to buy water from.
There was a British guy there called Malcom that seemed to be a permanent fixture and was a little lap dog for them, sad.
I stayed at the Karbel Beach last yr and if I book again to Turkey, will sadly be returning there. More friendly.
I will however give this hotel 7/10.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.