Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Depends really what you are looking for. If Stansted is important to you then probably best to wait out for Easy jet fares to be published. My own personal thought is that Easy Jet could well have cheaper fares but maybe not on the days you wish to travel. Flexibility is ofetn a key in deciding to travel Easy Jet.

TAP will offer seating , at best by on line check-in at worst by desk check in. They will offer higher baggage allowance and some sort of food and a drink without going into your pocket.

I do agree - the 150 pound fare for that time of year to Maderia (which always seems a little more expensive than some other holiday destinations) sounds not too bad at all.

Air Portugal still (I think) operate from Terminal 2 at Heathrow which of course vcan get very crowded and lengthy security q' checks - but again Stansted can have this as well.

Dilemas!

Nivsy
Thanks for your reply. Because we are flying midweek I am hoping easyjet will be cheaper. Not to bothered if they do come out slightly more expensive as I have heard that TAP are not a great airline with delays and lost baggage.
To be honest most delays are usually caused by slot control these days and not necessarily because of an airline operations - cannot remember the last time I departed Heathrow on time for example on any carrier - last delay was over 1 and half hours with Lufthansa and that was because they were not permitted to leave Munich to London (for my flight on return sector) on schedule due to arrival control at London.

Another reason for a 3rd runway at Heathrow but a totally different thread!

Baggage tends to be down to the handling agent responsible for an airline so TAP cannot always been blamed.

If your looking at the mid week then yes hang of for Easy Jet.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.