Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
you should try the Lizarrian is ibizatown.unreal 1500 different tapas.blackpudding one one my fav.like the way you can have a pint/half/ or a 1/4 glass of beer to go with you tapas.they do very nice wine as well.

by the way you can find these places all over spain.
lizarran is a franchise and, yes, they have them all over spain. there hasn't been one in ibiza town for at least 5 years!!!! after one year as a franchise the owners decided to go it alone and changed the name to zaguan.

sdII
just shows you how long its been since i went last went to that place.its changed its name.i like the ones on french bread.and i always sat at the bar .so i could see what was coming out next.and get in there first.keep saying to myself i must go in there again.but you know whats its like in ibiza.nothing ever goes to plan.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Balearic_Islands/Ibiza-265785/Restaurants-Ibiza-LIZZARAN-BR-1.html
they're called pintxos and are the basque style of tapas. the tradition is to wander from bar to bar on a 'txikiteo' -a tapas crawl -when you accompany your little dish with a small beer - a zurito - and maybe a slightly sparkling white wine - a txakoli.

sdII
Well perhaps it wasn`t called Lizarran after all but it had a large lizard on the walls outside( I know it`s the Ibiza emblem).

Hopefully someone might remember the other one I`m looking for.

Spotydog II intresting to know where the bread ones originate from, we often wander around Tapas alley in Benidorm trying tapas, there offers are good too 1 euro for a small tapa and a drink. A few in Tapas alley do the pintxos. My favorites are the spainish omellett, oh`s is chorizo. If we have the racions we like garlic mushrooms, ali oil, meatballs or pork in tomato sauce, potatoe bravas plenty of bread and of course a bottle of vino to wash it down.
We had for supper last night ali oil (morrisons) and spainsh omellett (sainsburys) .
the cuisine of spain is still very regional and in places like ibiza and benidorm you can sample dishes from all over the country in regional restaurants which are popular with folk from that region. some lads from san sebastian have just opened a pintxos bar 'bide bide' in i-town (c/felip13) which comes highly recommended by a basque colleague of mine, close by (av. bartolome rosello) you'll find 'xicu' a typically ibicenco bar which makes tapas fresh to order - not stored in a chiller on the bar.

you can easily tell which region the bar owner is from by looking at the football scarves and posters on the walls!

sdII
Can't think of the tapas bar you are looking for - sorry - but there are several other good ones in Santa Eulalia you might like to try. My own favourite is Rincon de Pepe on Restaurant Street, just past Daffers. The owner took time to describe each dish to us, and there must have been a hundred. I've never had any dish in there that disappointed.

Another one I enjoy is on the corner of the main road, at the top of the avenue with the hippy stalls. Sadly, I can't remember the name, but it's a great place to sit and people-watch while you enjoy your food.
Thanks Jay Jay I think the one opposite the hippy stalls is the one with the Lizards on the walls outside, it is a great place with good food. I will have a look at Rincon de Pepe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.