Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Excellent report Mike. Why not add it to our review section HERE

Thanks

Kath HT Admin
Thanks very much for this great report Mike we are going to this hotel in July so this has really been useful.

Did you not take the free bus anywhere while you were there? Just wondered if it would be a good idea in the evening.

Once again thanks really looking forward to going now. :D
good report Mike- as you can see already it will be very useful for those planning to go there :D
Excellent report Mike...to answer Carrie BMW's question, yes you can catch buses in the evening, but it is not the free one provided by the hotel, they are only done during the day. The bus stop is at the end of the road and it is 1 euro 5 cents per person ( about 80p) to get to Mogan and it was about 2 euro 70 to get to Puerto Rico. Buses run about every half an hour. The taxi rank is next to the bus stop and it varies between 6 euros and 9 euro's for taxi's...you can get reception to ring a taxi for you if you want, they will tell you what number taxi it will be and there is no extra charge.

We didn't care much for PR but Mogan is just so tranquil at night..and mind you, Taurito itself is not too bad. Most people are having a quiet stroll after tea but there are a few bars and there is a mini fun fair for the kids..and the resort even had it's own stray dog that was adopted and fed by most holiday makers ( myself included)..

Can't wait to go back again..hopefully Easter..i would definitely say that it is one of our favourite holiday destinations and one of the better hotels we have stayed in..Carrie, you will have a great time..and Mike, I have PM'd you about the music.. :wink:
Thankyou, Im glad it can be of some use to somebody :D
We didnt get the free bus, we were in and around the hotel most of the time, or on the beach. We did see the free bus though, and seemed to be regular.

Does anyone else think they drive like mad men over there? The taxi driver over took someone on a blind turn when we was in it. Absolutely s*** ourselves.

Val, i found one of the songs they played at the hotel. Its called 'Super (un deux trois)' and its by GIGI D'AGOSTINI. Just incase you wanted to get hold of it. It really brings the memories with it. If you need a hand getting hold of it, just let me know.

I hope you have a good time carrie (and im sure you will). Its great. I cant recommend the dolphin search enough. I think the price was unbelievable.

P.S: I will move this report to the review section, just trying to figure out how to do it, or i can just copy and paste the report there :D
Also, has anybody ever come across the taurito princess' own website? Im only persuming they have one though, maybe they dont. Just wanted to check the prices booking a room with them directly.
Mike just copy and paste it there, as its of great benefit here as well.

Sarah
Many thanks for copying your review over Mike, I am sure it will help many people in the coming months.

Sarah
Thanks for the help. We are really looking forward to it. My daughter (age 12) loves dolphins and has since she was very young so I am sure we will try that trip.

Would you say that there is enough to do in and around the hotel in the evening that you don't really want to venture too far?

Maybe we will give the taxis a wide berth if they are that bad - we have found a lot of countries are like that though :shock:
Hi carrie.
Im sure your daughter will love it :)

Maybe we were just mard about the taxis. If they drive quicker than we do here in other countries too, then it is probably just normal. We were just shocked, although im sure they know what theyre doing.

Well the entertainment is on from like half past 8, up until 11 o clock, and on some nights they still had singers on after it. Its not all one big show though of course, that would be boring anyway in my opinion. They had a mini disco at 8.30, singers until 10, then the main entertainment for the night.

I saw there was another bar or two off the hotel site just 5 minutes walk away, near the shops. We didnt go in because we was being tight, didnt want to pay for drinks on a All inclusive holiday lol, but they had entertainment on too. Walking past i noticed they had flamingo dancing on one night, and a snake show the other (i bet that was good).

I wont go into details about the entertainment they had on incase its the same when your there, i dont want to spoil it. But if you can try and stay in on the night a group of 3 men are singing. Im sure they were called the tramps, although my girlfreind is denying it. But honestly they were class.

Ive added some pics we took from in and around the hotel, its on my first post in this thread if you wanna check them out (Or should i say kath has added them for me, thanks again kath). The first one is the view from the balcony. One of them has got one of the dolhpin search boats on the left. And those great singers the tramps.

Hope you like them, and have a great holiday.

Mike
Great pictures Mike :D I'd definitely consider Taurito for a future holiday. Not sure whether there'd be enough there for two teenagers, but now they're getting older it won't be long before I can bob off on holiday without them :lol:
Cyberspace...there is plenty to do there for teenagers...my son is 15 and he has been a few times now ( we took his mate last year too) and in fact loves the place. There are pool tables, table tennis and tennis courts not to mention the entertainment. Gav did darts, shooting, archery, water polo and umpteen other things. There is a programme for the kids and a better one for the adults. They give out certificates every night after the kids disco and before the real entertainment ( between 9 and 9.30ish) and once anyone has got 5, they get a special medal.. ( my 7 year old nephew was totally thrilled about his and was even entering as many adult competitions as he was allowed to try and get his score up!)..it is not too far to PR for your teenagers if they are a little more adventerous in spirit, but ours were quite happy in the hotel and the surrounding area. We made good use of the lido opposite the hotel as it had a crazy golf course and with 7 of us vying daily for champion of the universe title/chump of the day, we certainly gave everyone else some entertainment too. We found that all the teenagers tended to pal about together quite alot but i must admit the amount of teenagers there can vary quite alot...
I might consider it for Summer 08, we're already booked for Ibiza this summer, and then back to Tenerife (yay!) for Easter 08. If we go in the main school holidays I should imagine there'll be quite a few teens there, hopefully British/Irish; my kids are too "quiet" to mix with German, Spanish etc :roll:
Just booked to go here in March 08, have read reviews seems very positive.
Anybody due to go really soon or just come back??

Kazee
Merged with existing topic which has a long review in the first post.

luci :wave
:( Just got back from this hotel last night, lovely nice and idyllic location. Weather very good hubby and I came back with good tans after a week. Will put on review........... :tup
Knew you would enjoy it...everyone does!
I haven't been for a year now as we have been to other places but we are hoping to try and slide one in Feb/March time next year.
Taurito Princess is the only hotel that we have ever wanted to go back to and indeed have done a few times.
Review now on for this hotel and resort

Kaz ;)
Has anyone been here and can confirm about times etc regarding all inclusive?
I have read the Hotel reviews and it seems to be quite a good hotel but I am just after a bit more recent info before me and my wife book to go out on 17th Nov.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.