Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
No but you do have to fill out a visa on the plane
Yes I heard they normally give visa (form) on plane. But unfortunatly not when we went they left us to get it when we arrived at airport, and predictably there was mass confusion, not enough forms and people not filling out forms and having to return to back of queue. Bring a pen!!! as I had to lend mine to 4 other people as they didn t know they d have to fill this form out!!! make sure you fill out both parts as some only filled up half and then held up the whole queue by finishing the second half. The form itself doesnt take long to fill out (2 min max)!!! It makes more sense to fill it out on the plane if possible as otherwise it causes a lot of waiting around!!
Thanks for replies....i'll definately remember a couple of pens!!
the airline give you the forms and lend you pens but remember to fill both parts in as they remove the top on arrival and keep the other bit with your passport as you need it to leave tunisia, all of the above was never explained by first choice and led to mass confusion and raised anxieties at the tiny and overcrowded monastir airport.
4 flights to uk within 20 minutes-luton,gatwick,bristol and manchester with a birmingham flight 10 minutes later all from a tiny airport with only 4 departure gates and many other flights than just first choice.
enjoy your holiday :D
We never got given a pen and the form was writen in French or Arabic so we didnt know we had to fill in both parts until we went to fly back to the UK and got asked for the bottom part :oops:
You get a card per person on the plane,fillthem in on the plane then put them in each corresponding passport,makes everything alot quicker at police control.
Also fill in retaining cards before you get to airport and do the same again on return.
We got held up by a Russian couple who hadn't even realised they had to fill in any cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The main thing is make sure each card is in the right passport,Makes things a whole load quicker.
We were through in 20mins[record for Monastir}
Another tip is get seats near the back of the plane,.more chance of getting on the first bus.
On a Sunday there are about 3 flights that arrive within 40mins of each other so it can be a bit hectic on night arrivals.
Hope that helps

Doreen
the airline give you the forms and lend you pens

Not always, like I said normally they give the cards on the plane but not on our flight for some reason and a few from the UK were looking for forms as well. They didn t us give pens on our plane (even though people had asked) nor at the airport so people were in a total panic which was really unnessicary and avoidable :roll: we had to go to a box with all the forms inside and had to grab one as huge crowd surrounded this box panicing and looking for the forms. Bit stressful!!!
So be prepared!! No one from the airline explained any thing about the forms and it was people who had previously went to Tunisia that explained them to everyone!!
As far as i know the form was in French,Arabic and English when we went . But the French is understandable for english speakers like adresse, nationalite nom etc..!!!! just be prepared for the queues and hold ups and bring a pen just in case!!
PS. loads of people didn t realise they had to keep the 2nd part and led to massive hold ups on the return journey at Monastir
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.