Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Taxi or Coach
9 Posts
Our personal choice is coach from Dabolim to hotel,but taxi back to airport to beat the mad rush and get seats together!!
It depends if the transfers are included in the holiday cost.

A taxi will cost you around £10 each way so unless your transfers are included (and can't be excluded) or cost less than £5 per person each way, a taxi will be cheaper.
It will also be quicker.

However, if it's your first time you'll probably pick up tips from other people on the bus who've been before.

If our transfers are included, if our luggage comes off quick (hardly ever) we get a taxi to avoid waiting for other passengers, if it takes ages for our luggage (usually) we get the bus.

If you do get a taxi, don't forget to tell the rep you'll not be on the bus.
TAXI every time,

No waiting for stragglers, get there quickly & directly, no waiting for luggage from the coach, beat the checking in rush, check your room is O.K before the coach arrival....

Mids
Thanks for the advice after 9/10 hour flight you just want to get to your hotel sort your room out, so i think it will be a taxi :cheers
funnily enough my Goan taxi driver phoned up 20 mins ago to ask when we were coming and if we wanted picking up!
First time - go by coach as you will get talking to people, meet other newbies who will probably become great friends and to share the new experience. It's all part of the "Goa" experience! Don't expect air conditioning in the coach - air conditioning usually means the windows are open!

Second time - Take a taxi - cheaper but get a coach back to Dabolim on return. If your coach breaks down or something happens to hold you up it hopefully shouldn't be too much of a problem. If in a taxi, tough, your are on your own!

Repeat visits - you'll take a taxi for both arrival and departure and take the chance - you won't care if you miss the plane home! :rofl

Fizz
One of the downsides of taking a taxi is that you might not be aware if the plane is delayed and might end up at the airport too soon whereas the rest of the party will be kept back at the resort ?
I think for the first time it is best to get the coach for reasons already stated. For 6 years we got a taxi but for the last few years have started to get the coach again as we arrive so early the rooms are never ready and we just end up hanging around the hotel instead waiting to get in the rooms so we don't think it is worth paying for the taxi. I do think it is worth getting a taxi back though to beat the rush. We usually check the flight info on the hotel notice board and check with the rep. as we have to let them know we won't be getting the coach anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.