Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi JillyE , i take it your flying into tenerife south , if so the transfer by taxi takes about 25 mins , beacause we go next door to mare nostrum in santiago 3 .

As for a coach it really depends on if your the first or last drop off, ive been on a coach when we have been droped of last and its taken a hour and half, thats why we allways get a taxi, on saying that you might fall lucky and get dropped of first

Kirk :D
We usually take a taxi (We go further around to Costa Adeje), and it costs around 20-25 euros. Also, I think that 25 minutes would be maximum in a taxi. The coach could take ages, it depends on where your hotel is in the list of drop offs. If you are first, it could take 40 minutes or longer (as you will have to wait for all the other passengers on your bus) However, if you are the last of 5 or 6 hotels, it could add another 40 minutes or so.

I guess it depends on if you want to get there quickly. I am terribly impatient and get a cab. You get longer at the hotel.....

Have a nice time whichever you choose
Hi tenerife2003

Yes, flying into tenerife south.

Suppose we can just risk it and hope Tuesdays arent too manic and we get dropped off first!

What is the area called around mare nostrum? Its my first time there and I'm dying to get there!
'What is the area called around mare nostrum?'

Not sure what you mean by area, but it is the beginning of Las Americas virtually from Los Cristianos.
Hi
I answered the same as all of the above, but on trip advisor
Tuesdays and Fridays are the main change over day sorry :lol:

personally i wouldnt get a a bus/coach... for the sake of 20 euros ,you get straight to your hotel without any hassle in less than half an hour.

thats just my personal opinion tho
I agree for the sake of around €25 (£17) get a taxi from the airport and get a quick start to the holiday (normally at 100 mph down the TF1 !!!!).

Turn right as you go outside the arrivals terminal - the taxi queue may look long but dozens of taxis line up and you will in a cab very quickly.

You can always get the coach back to the airport.

Chris
getting a taxi from the airport is one of those things you need to do in order to "experience " it :lol:
Just booked with Resort Hoppers only because there are 5 of us and taxis legally are only allowed maximum 4 passengers.
Cost 60 euros return. Which is good value. If anyone wants there number i will try and find it for you. I called them direct.
Hi

If your getting a taxi don,t forget to let your rep know otherwise everyone else is sitting on the coach waiting for you.Coming home a few years ago we sat outside a hotel in tenerife for 15 mins while the rep searched for a missing couple,turned out they had decided to get a taxi to the airport
jeanie
ps
do all our holidays diy now much better :lol:
We have used these a few times, and have never had a problem with them. Very efficent, always have been at the airport. And are cheaper than a taxi.

http://www.viajes-laurisilva.com/ve-english.htm

for 5 people to los cristainos or las americas is 22 euros one way.

But you do have to ring them the day before your due to depart to confirm your booking.
The above transport is not insured to carry passengers, you have been warned.

We booked with this company only for us to be told by a police officer when we arrived on the island that we would not be travelling for the onward journey to our apartment.

He also took our passport number and our apartment address in case a statement was required.
Also worth pointing out that only the registered taxis can pull up at the terminal, all the others have to park in the car park (or at least they used to) The authorities are very strict about this, and no private cars at all are allowed outside the terminal
this is a must watch...the taxi you get must be licensed, if not, you will not be insured when travelling.
this happens in the canaries & the UK so please be aware unlicensed taxis or private hire cars=no insurance.[
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.