Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi,if they have stopped it,it's only recently.
The hotel was offered when i was searching about 2weeks ago on Thomsons site,dont think Portland offered itthough,if i remember correctly.
I'll have another look in case my eyes were deceiving me :D
Still showing vacancies in May so must still be using it.
Thomson were definately in the Tenerife Princess on Saturday!!! You had better check again. Hope you manage to get sorted.

vvv
try a1 travel they may have it and it will be cheaper, i got two weeks in aug for 520
I clicked the Summer Sun brochure drop down box instead of Platinum, what a dummy :lol: sorry all :roll:
Going to PDLA for the first time at the end of august and staying at the Princess tenerife! Wondering if any one has any info that will be good for us & any comments about the actual hotel!!?
Hi Woolyback ... is it the Tenerife Princess ? If so, you can read the review here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/tenerife/playa-de-las-americas/best-tenerife-hotel/

David :wave
Thanks for that David.
we spent first two weeks of march at this hotel.it was our first time in pdla.please feel free to ask any questions and i will do my best to answer them.hope this will help, fred.
Thanks for that pastyman....here we go.

1. Is the hotel under par for 4 star?

2. Is there any building works in progress?

3. What is the food like.

4. Is it true about the sunbeds being blocked by people who only use them for a short time?

Any help would be appreciated.
hi woolyback... not really able to comment whether under par for 4 star,as this was our first time at a 4 star hotel.after a lot of research we booked this hotel to celabrate our silver wedding,and were not disapointed,when you arrive and see the marble flooring in the entrance and reception area and everwhere spotless it takes your breath away.the location is superb,very quiet,only 10 mins from a good beach (las vistas),5 mins from the strip and the patch for good bars and entertainment.one downside is that approx one third of the holidaymakers are Germans on a all-inclusive deal (this is not available in uk).therefore a lot of the entertainment in the hotel is geared up to suit them,for example playing bingo and doing a quiz in 5 languages is like watching paint dry. we did not see any building work in progress,but were told by tui a month before we went that some rooms were having the air-con up-dated. the food,plenty of choice,english,spanish,german,show cooking by chefs at breakfast and at evening meal. we did not use the pool area as we liked to go to the beach(german free area) plenty of bars nearby,for lunch and pints of lager for 1 euro. hope this helps, sorry for delay in posting, but have been enjoying the wonderful Cornish sunshine. fred.
Hi - one piece of advice for you: don't accept a room which has a number prefixed by S. Supposed "suites" but in a ground floor location which feels like a basement. We went as a family of 5 and were told we would have 2 bedooms and a lounge. What we got was a corridor type room with 5 beds in a row, no privacy, and a terrace we were unable to see out of because of all the vegetation - needed the light on all the time. The corridor leading to thes rooms was damp and smelly, and the carpet actually squelched on occasion. I almost wept. I did compain and did get moved to far better rooms which were fine, but it really put me off.

Sunbed reserving was a problem, Germans on this occasion, although I know the British can be just as bad. Not much space between the beds at the waterfall pool. Some German guests (elderly) extremely rude.

Food was ok and the hotel was in a good location, but it was only an average 4 star, and I wouldn't rate is as highly as many other hotels in PDLA.
this hotel needs a good refurbishment to be honest. thomsons are german owned now i thought
Thanks for all your information Fred, has settled our minds a lot. Enjoy all the cornish sunshine like we are doing here in sunny Eastbourne!

Thanks to Meerkat2505 and greenshoes for your info.

:D :D
I have just booked a weeks stay at the Tenerife Princess Hotel for one week in December. My partner and I are in our 20's and decided to splash out and spend a little more on a holidya together. Since booking I have read mixed reports.... mainly bad ones! I am now worrying what the hotel is like, and whether I have made a big mistake!
If anyone has visited this hotel recently, can you please please let me know how you found your stay - whether it good or bad.

Many Thanks

Mac
Go on holiday reviews on this sight, I wouldn't recommend it but 3 years since we were there.
Thanks Susan for your reply. I will check the holiday reveiws today!

Mac
Hi Mac
Not stayed at the Tenerife Princess myself - but we were in PDLA August this year and it looked beautiful from the outside which would lead me to think that the inside was just as nice..Im currently looking for dec also and its on my short list.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.