Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hmmmmmmmmmm a bit worrying, I am due to go on 13th April for 2 weeks.

I have checked the governments website for information on travelling to Goa and there is no warnings on there, although there has been alot of problems recently in other parts of India due to the elections happening between the 17th April and the 8th May, these wouldn't effect Goa too would they?
  • Edited by Sares 2006-03-21 11:55:48
Read about it last week, apparently he was part of a Kashmiri militant organisation, he was targeting the Goan infrastructure rather than tourist areas, his main target was the port of Vasco so I wouldn`t worry too much, just be as vigilant as you would in the UK.
I have read that he was planning to target the tourist areas of Goa such as bars etc and that he was not the person planning to execute the plan but was just there researching it, I did a search on Google...I dunno what is correct or not!!!
It is quite worrying.

Going on Thursday, fingers crossed everything will be ok.
this kind of thing is going on everywhere in the world you either dont leave your home or you just get on with it ! yes it is a worry but what can you do ? nothing so lets just carry on and enjoy our holidays
That's very true.

We've never let terrorist threats put us off travelling anywhere in the world.

And, just think about it, how safe are you going about your own business here in the UK?

Also, if you stopped to consider all the non-terrorist things that could happen - hurricanes, bush fires, earthquakes etc (OK, maybe not in Goa, but you get my point), you'd never step outside your own front door.

Gill, don't let it spoil your holiday.

Polly
Hi Polly

I've been looking forward to this holiday for months and believe me, NOTHING will spoil it!

Roll on Thursday

Gill
I returned from Goa about just over a week ago now. There was definitely trouble in the Eastern part of Goa. This was problems with the Muslim and Hindu people there.

Having said all that and read the report on the article posted , it would not deter me going to Goa. How many of you guys on this site still visit London to get your visas etc. think about it.
I read yesterday in the local paper that Interpol were on there way over to interview the guy.
It won't put me off travelling anywhere.......you can't let terrorism win othewise you'd be locked in a bunker somewhere for the rest of your life!!!
GFF xx
Oh I understand that you should not stay in your house and that you are at risk wherever you go, I am a Londoner and totally understand that, it just concerns you a little bit more when you are far away from home, particulary also if you think about Bali and what happened in Egypt last year...
Well there has been, as somebody said, flare ups between the Muslims/Hindus in Goa and for a long time I have thought Goa might become a target for terrorists because of the tourism and relaxed attitude of the state - but I agree with those who say you can't stop living because of this - and this would not stop me going on holiday or enjoying it!!
Has anyone heard anything about the hightened security in Goa due to potential terrorist threats. Security has learned that due to the increase in Western visitors the threat of a Bali like attack is probable. Has anyone heard of this who are there at the moment?
I hope the right word is "possible" rather than "probable".

No obvious extra security here (unless you're Brad Pitt and Anjelina Jolie of course), though there is talk of increasing it for the Film Festival later this month.
There was four indian army soldiers patroling the beach at the steps in Calangute where all the local tourists congregate during the weekend. Two of them were armed and looked business like apart for the fact the guns were slung over their shoulder and they were enjoying an ice lolly and watching the girls!! so I slept safer that night knowing the security services were on the ball. Alan
Just read on Navhind Times , that of today security is to be tightened at airport and markets . Also places frequented by Tourists , this should be interesting!
people like that will never stop me doing what I want to do :D :D :sun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.