General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
That's not very nice. Very disappointing and infuriating for you.

Are you talking about points on your loyalty card, or the paper reward vouchers? If it was the reward vouchers and you still had them, it would be easier to prove I suppose. Maybe they have made some fake reward vouchers?? If it's just points then they must have fake cards.......seems hard work to make fake cards not knowing how many points are on them!
Hope you can get it sorted out.

I thought you were going to say that some of your vouchers had expired...because they do have an expiry date, and although it's usualy quite a long time, if you're saving up for something it could be easy to forget.
A sc@m has been in operation and I know others who have lost their clubcard vouchers. Tesco now have an added security question when you log into your account. They have honoured vouchers that have been stolen.
100s of people have been hit by this fraud over the past 18 months.For a long time Tesco washed their hands of it,claiming that the vouchers had been used by the card holder...until the police/press got involved!!!!
When we were told over the phone that we had spent the vouchers in a shop we were able to say that we still had the vouchers and that would not be the case if we had spent it because the shop would have kept them.

Tesco agree that there has been fraud and we wait for the next statement when all the missing points should be restored.
Hi De Hi, the problem initially,was that many online accounts were hacked -it's possible to print off duplicate vouchers -suspect that is what happened in your case
I think the problem is with Tescos rubbish IT I believe they keep people's passwords in plain text when apparently any company worth their salt keeps them in an encrypted manner (I've got no idea what all this means in reality but if it's true I am totally unimpressed)

Surely a mega company like Tesco has a responsibility to keep such things as passwords safe but their ethos has always been to be a bit of a cheap jack company so I find it easy to believe they would cut corners on something like IT, even though people's vouchers are worth hard cash.

No wonder they reimburse people when they have their accounts hacked and vouchers nicked, they probably know full well they are part culpable.
The particularly ironic thing about this, is that another part of their business,Tesco Bank,have actually made it extremely hard to log in to their online banking site - you can only log in from one PC as they store specific cookies on that PC.
If you clear cookies after each session (as I did!) or use another PC, then you have to have a mobile phone number stored on your account,for Tesco to send you a one time code to complete the log in.
Recently got stuck in a loop, because I had cleared out cookies but hadn't got a mobile number stored -couldn't log on -took several phone calls to uncomprehending Tesco help desk staff who didn't believe that I didn't routinely hand out my mobile number!! :que
Well it has taken 3 months and another 2 phone calls to Tesco but this week they finally reimbursed all of our missing points which astoundingly came to over 25,000!
Wow :yikes Glad to hear you finally got your points back :tup
The points refunded staggered us at first but when we really checked we realised that there must have been a lot more vouchers that we had not realised had been used by someone else.
Actual replacement vouchers arrived this week and they have sent us £312 worth! To earn that many points we would have had to spend £30K in store!
Incredible that this is still happening. :que A friend had £85 of vouchers spent from her account. She only discovered this yesterday when she logged on to try and convert some vouchers for the eurotunnel.
Tell your friend to ring up their customer service dept ASAP. Make a note of the names of te people you speak to, and the exact time and date of the call. Eventually when we finally spoke to a manager we could quote all this stuff to him. He went away and listened to the tapes of the calls then called us back and sorted out the problem.

We also changed the password on the account.
Thanks hi de hi. I'll pass on all your information. Glad you got it all sorted, but what a pain in the backside!
Got an email today from "Tesco" saying my vouchers were due to expire soon (they are not).I didn't click on anything as I have the vouchers here and the earliest ones don't expire until next year I went in to my account via the official route and checked. Nope. Not due to expire. I have emailed Tesco to see if this is a phishing scam. Very authentic looking email. Be vigilant
Just checked my emails , and I have a "tesco " one the same as you describe , strange thing is my vouchers are automatically converted into AVIOS and I can check they have been converted by logging into my BAEC account , I very rarely log into the tesco account and they still send the envelope with the account info along with the in store coupons so I don't have to print them either .
Would be good to know if this is a genuine email though , as then I can dump it with the TSB and NatWest ones I get even though I have no account at either !!!!
I will give an update as soon as I hear back from Tesco. Since all this furore started they have made it a bit more difficult to log into your online account. In addition to your email address and password, you have to enter 3 randomly chosen numbers from the long number on your Clubcard to log in. Mr hbrac also got the email. Both were addressed to Mr and Mrs hbrac personally.
If you check your email again you may notice that it says "COUPONS" not vouchers. I think it is refering to the money off and special points coupons that we all get from time to time. It doesn't mean the vouchers which are specific cash amounts you have earned which can be converted to AVIOS etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.