Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Peter
can't really help with the transfer from BKK to HH as ours was part of the package. Don't think a taxi would be expensive though.
Fiona,
Thanks for your reply. I normally dont book package holidays preferring to travel indepndent. I have in the past found that the savings are considerable. However i think i will have to do some cost comparisons.
Peter t
Peter
I do independent as well- but couldn't beat the price I was given this time! I will ask my "other half" about transfers as he did a lot of research on taxis at the time and will know! ( However, busy getting ready for hogmanay here( I'm Scottish!) so will probably be tomorrow before I get back!
Thanks Fiona. Happy new year. I look forward to your reply
Peter T
A well known and reliable company is Ken Diamond Travel. If you look at their site it would be about £50 for a private taxi transfer. The journey will take about 3 hours so thats not too bad!!
Fiona,
Thank you.
Peter t
you may get others posting with cheaper options! quite a few members have been to Hua Hin.
I did exactly the same holiday about 4 years ago and was provided with a car by Colours of Asian to travel to and from Hua Hin.
A taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin should cost around 2000 baht (around 32 quid) or you could take the train as we did, a 2nd class air conditioned seat costs around 400 baht and takes five hours. The trains leave Bangkok on time but always arrives an hour later than it states in the timetable at Hua Hin. It's unlikely that you'll get a 1st class sleeper as they are reserved for passengers going the full distance to Butterworth. 2nd class air conditioned is comfortable, they feed you and they wake you up when you arrive at your destination. Make sure that you book your ticket the day before as the train gets crowded. They won't sell you an advance ticket at the ticket office in Bangkok Station (there is always some excuse why not), so go to one of the travel agents in the station concourse. They will go and buy the ticket for you and there is no commission fee to pay.

Once in Hua Hin you can walk into town if you want or take a Tuk-Tuk to most places for around 70 baht.

Hope this helps.
We have booked through Ken Diamond Travel.
BKK (city) to HH 2300THB
HH to BKK airport 2400 THB.
This included tax and expressway fees.
I e mailed the company and received reply and confirmations very quickly. You pay each of the the taxi drivers in cash at the time of the journey and not in advance. Also Ken Diamond travel have an office in HH so its good to know they are a local company. Mike (who was e mailing me) gave me his mobile number in case of any problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.