General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: The Euro.
193 Posts
i have never been that desperate in need to change money at an airport exchange, its a captive market with proberbly the worse rates you will ever find..

OH changes ours up every week she checks the rates in town [no body in the last couple of years has beeten cash a cheque [money exchange came closest] when we think its a good rate we get some, then keep watching if it goes higher we get more not botherd changing back when we come home as we know we will need it next time out
with 11 days to go, should I hang on or buy now :duh
I've got some of mine for next year Helen (if I don't spend them before :scratch: )

I suppose it depends on how much you are thinking of changing. TBH if it's just ordinary holiday spending money then, because I like to be organised, I'd usually get mine about a week before I travel regardless of the rate as a few cents difference isn't going to be a big deal breaker :tup
Had 1.25 at my local Travel House today - so happy with that :tup
is it best to get my spends now or wait????????? what's it like at the moment? best place to buy?
i got mine 3 weeks ago 124.1 - they have slowly gone down over the last few weeks and the rate now is 1.21 . I think if i was needing them in next few weeks- i would be tempted to buy now.

The best rate (Over our way) is cash converters.

belly
not going till June but have the money for my spends in my savings account and just waitting to see the exchange rate

don't know if its better to wait or get em now
Today's online rate: £1 = 1.2010 EUR

£657.79 = 790.00 EUR with postoffice is this good or not?
I don't think the post office are the best rate around . Have a look here :tup http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Edit :No I take that back , just had a looksey and they are up there amongst the top payers at the moment .
thanks , ive been looking on the sight and it says Telegraph Travel. as anyone used this
Looks like they are actually part of the daily telegraph. i've used many of the others and most operate in a similar way whereby if you order before lunchtime they come the next working day by special delivery (Royal mail) . Fine if you are around during the day because they always need a signature. Many are operated by travelex .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.