General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: The Euro.
193 Posts
Shirley - they must have done away with it just recently then, as a work colleague told me she had one for her last holiday and she's using it this time again :think Glynis - I've often posted the same time as someone else, but usually I can see the other person's post, before I press the submit button. This didn't happen last night, so I had to re write the posts. Others have said the same has happened to them, so it's not unusual.
Helen T wrote:
Glynis - I've often posted the same time as someone else, but usually I can see the other person's post, before I press the submit button. This didn't happen last night, so I had to re write the posts. Others have said the same has happened to them, so it's not unusual.

Do you preview Helen?
I confess I don't always preview Glynis - perhaps that's the problem :think
Could well be. I always preview just so I can make sure my post reads ok as the written word can sometimes come across the wrong way. Try the preview and see if that helps :tup
Shirley did you make a decision about the pre paid cards, what did you go for?
Yes vic, I'm going to give it a go. I applied on line fot the fairfx one yesterday (comes out as the top one on the moneysavingexpert site) but when it came to making the payment they wanted to charge me £16 for using my credit card :duh so I'm now going to transfer funds into my current account and pay using my debit card instead.

I bought my spending euros yesterday and got 1.23 through moneycorp and 0.5 cashback through quidco :)
Sound like a good deal Shirley. I was thinking about using them to but it said it could be 7-10 days for delivery and I was a bit worried I wouldn't get them on time. So I went for Thomas cook in the end as they were giving a rate of 1.2250 so I didn't think that was to bad.
Friend has just text me from Benidorm her sister's changed her money over there - got €1.23
I also got 1.23 on line through moneycorp yesterday :tup The rate is steadily improving again :)

I should be in a position to get my prepaid euro card later today or tomorrow. Just hope the rate will still be good :tup
I ordered my fairfx prepaid card earlier this afternoon and got a rate of 1.2375 which I'm really happy with. I've loaded it with enough euros to pay for my hotel. I'm sorted now as I've already changed money for my spends :) I have to wait 7-10 days for the card t arrive.

Glynis, thanks for recommending it :tup
Your welcome, let us know how you get on with it Shirley :tup
Your welcome, let us know how you get on with it Shirley

Yes, I will Glynis. Just heard from my younger sister who said that the last time she had a prepaid card she had a nightmare trying to use it as lots of places wouldn't accept it. Not sure what card it was, I'll have to get more details. I can always withdraw the euros from the ATMs if the worst happens.

After seeing today's openig rate of 1.266, I'm wondering whether I should have waited longer :think I was just getting a bit nervous that the pound was going to weaken. However, it does seem that the opposite is happening. Ah well, that's the way it goes.
The fairfax card was actually 1.24 yesterday Shirley, and 1.23 this morning Shirley.
Just got € 1.25 for cash and €1.22 for TC's at Rubens in Benalmadena.
That'll do nicely for September - happy with that considering we don't pay for TC's.

Sanji
Helen T wrote:
The fairfax card was actually 1.24 yesterday Shirley, and 1.23 this morning Shirley.

and 1.242 now :tup
Sanji wrote:
That'll do nicely for September - happy with that considering we don't pay for TC's.

Sanji

That was a good rate Shirley €1.25 :tup
1.243 for cash with moneycorp today
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Sanji wrote:

Sanji

That was a good rate Shirley €1.25 :tup

Yes, we took a short walk over the border into Benalmadena and I changed £400 in cash and £600 in T&C's. :tup

Sanji :sun2
1.26€ this morning in Puerto del Carmen.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.