Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
absolutely Lassi the rubbish problem is huge and does need to be dealt with, you walk onto a beautiful beach only to be spoilt by being confronted by a heap of stinking rubbish...very of putting to new people who are understandably shocked by it
chilly
If you see stinking rubbish on the way your going ..cross over go another way if you want want to look at it you dont have too .it has got now I dont even think about it ..Goa is not the cleanest we all know that but does it stop us going back NOOOOO I for one take Goa warts and all as do most people on this forum :rofl NOW thats my rant over ...we have not even went away we go next SAT and already we are looking for same time next year I will stick a black bag in my case this time ... :rofl colleen
What do they spend funds on that are given to to the tourism minisiter ? Does he get any funds ? Since 1999 I can't say I have seen any significant improvement to make the resorts clean and tidy. They have the girls who walk up and down the beach early morning collecting what has washed up, then what ?
They will probably say they can't afford 'bin men' to empty waste bins along the resorts, yet more lies. There should be an increase/charge to all shack owners that will cover this (or part of it) as they are the ones causing the problem.
The solutions are simple, so why can't they make the resorts as good as the brochure pics ?
My guess is that money is available, but it's getting in to the wrong hands (or back pockets) of those that don't see a problem. Could it also be that domestic tourists (which are on a massive increase) don't see this as a problem, as this is something they live with/see every day from the city's they come from, so will not complain ?
We should bombard the tourism minister/local press with letters about this.
Why put up with the rubbish situation, no need to bring bin bags why should we, we are tourists if the Goa tourist board or the shack owners association or any other cannot control the rubbish situation then they are not bothered and that is a bad sign for Goas long term relations with tourists, clean up your own mess and get a grip sooner or later diseases will follow like, disentry, typhoid, Polio will happen and its totally needless if shacks around the area put 100/200 rupees towards a weekly rubbish collection after all the money that they collect of tourists is this too much to ask, I dont think so.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa%20Truths/_DSC0177.jpg

This sign is only 100 metres from this midden - and it's not tourists that make the mess.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/_DSC0175.jpg
irishcolleen
Goa is not the cleanest we all know that but does it stop us going back NOOOOO I for one take Goa warts and all

But Panaji is the second wealthiest city in India.
Probably due to the money fed into the local economy by tourists.
http://trak.in/tags/business/2009/08/19/top-10-wealthiest-cities-india/
I wonder how many people managed to view the video, as I tried to find it today, and it has disapeared :que

Found the article on the 26th January Goan Voice page, link dosn't work , typed in the title The Other Side of Goa, on youtube, no match.
It seems like the powers that be , have made their voice known.

Anyone who knows me , know of my love of Goa, and this is why I am so saddened, that parts of the beautiful countryside, are being used as rubbish dumps.
Many Locals are up in arms, about the situation, Benaulim villagers helped by some holiday makers, recently had a clean up around the village, collecting tonnes of rubbish. But then it was a case of what to do with it, only solution burn it.

xx lassi
Benaulim villagers helped by some holiday makers, recently had a clean up around the village, collecting tonnes of rubbish. But then it was a case of what to do with it

They should have loaded it in a lorry and then dumped on the Governors driveway in Panaji. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.