Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
If you want a nice relaxing boat trip where you can sunbathe with out being like a sardine I would recommend you either hire a boat of your own or choose a small boat that only takes a limited number of people. We went on a trip booked through our rep and we were like sardines in a tin, it was awful, we ended up sitting indoors when it was boiling outside.

Sarah
ONeilly
Where about in Zante are you staying - anywhere near Tsilivi? If so I can recommend the boat trips run by Spiros - let me know and I will post further.
Irene
Hi Irene - we're going to Tsilivi in September, and some information about the boat trips you mentioned would be good!
Hi,
We did the boat trip from Tsilivi with Spiros - 100% (Levante Speedboat trip)
Ian walks along the beach promoting the trip
AM it goes to the Shipreck and Blue Caves (hoping to do this when we visit in August) and PM it goes to see 'the turtles' loads more places of interest. His knowledge is excellent the boat stops for you to have a swim. There are other boats that go but personally I think you are 'herded' on these and last year we saw boats that were so full I don't see the enjoyment in that.
Last year the boat was made slightly larger but still small enough to be very personal kids and ladies get to 'drive the boat'
Lots of reviews on another website - am I allowed to say which website? If it is ok I will post later.
Irene
hi irene, sarah i'am staying in kalamaki my first time in zante not even sure were you go to get on the boats i expect it would be near the town, do you have a rough idea on prices dont fancy being like a sardine either been to spoilt on turkish boat trips thats the proplem. sarah do you get your own space on these boats to relax and also stop for a swim...cheers oneilly :lol:
Hi ONeilly
The boat trip from Tsilivi was approx 30 euros but excellent value. Does not go if the sea is too rough - we had booked for a trip turned up and the sea looked ok but Spiros said there were rough sea brewing. We went another day later. Last year we were staying in Amoudi and there was a storm and a half and yet we could see all the bigger boats sailing past - frightened me - even hubby said he wouldn't have gone.
If you can get to Tsilivi it is worth it - will look out his website address as you can book in the UK?
Speak later.
Irene
Hi oneilly...

For good Kalamaki information you could look over the Kalamaki forum here>>
http://www.zante.me.uk/forum/index.php

Some very helpful people there on the board some living and working in and around Kalamaki. You'll get current info on prices etc and where best to book your trips if you ask in there. (introduce yourself and say you came from here) :wink:

The boats are different depending which trip you take, some having upper decks with good seating and comfortable seating up front on the lower deck. I think all leave from Zakynthos harbour and depending on what you book and if you get a pick up from the resort is relative to how much you pay. Some of the real cheap deals mean you make your own way to the harbour check when you book if you do this independently.

Now there's many bargain hunters out there who do shop around and get a cheaper price but, i've only ever booked with the tour reps as i find if the reps are good then it does them a favour and they earn a bit of commission. We all know the wage isn't fantastic and they appreciate you thinking of them..

Motorboats

For the small motorboats you pick them up on the beach.. i know there's boats for hire from Laganas not sure about Kalamaki but, as it's a good earner i'm sure there are. The chaps that rent them are not easy to deal with but, if business is slow try and haggle a bit on the price.. :wink:

Paid £60 2001 6 people (back then it was Drachmas) This was taking the boat out 12pm midday.. and bringing it back at 5pm. We were there in early June so not the peak prices..

In May 2004 they were charging €60 4 people and €80 6 people.

There were 6 of us from our apartments myself and another chap and two couples and we had a brilliant day out in the boat. I suppose we just got lucky meeting up on holiday at the same place and time. I will say the trip out to Marathionisi island was pleasant although the trip back we felt a little exposed as it got a bit choppy with a change of wind. Managed to fit in a bit of turtle spotting as well although this is now frowned upon as some are careless in the boats. All in a fantastic day out and i don't think i'll ever match such a simple day out for memories.

A boat, an island and 6 people..

http://www.fort-delce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/marithionissi_island.jpg
Marine restrictions in the Laganas Bay area.

See section 2 No boating activity

http://www.archelon.gr/eng/habitat_areas.htm

Roughly Kalamaki from crystal beach right round to Gerakas point..
thank you all for info will just hunt about still got 7 wks to gather info cheers :lol:
ONeilly
Have got those other websites I mentioned.
I can PM them to you if you want?
Irene
Levante speedboat trip :wink:

Another recommended trip is the Zakfari.. Tour around the island in open land rovers. Big Powerful V8 land rovers taking you to places on the island you wouldn't normally get to see. They arrange pickups around the resorts and often from your apartments and hotels. Zakfari does get busy at times and you cant always book the days you want as it's a very popular tour and sometimes fairly exclusive having limited seats.

Tsilivi travel zakfari link with prices Expensive but a great day out and a good grounding should you want to hire a car later and visit some of the highlights again.

Eurosky zakfari more info
hi irene any info welcome thanks for links nut.magnet the safari sounds good cant wait to get there got some exploring to do cheers. :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.