Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
No visa required if you are staying less than 15 days and definitely not the entertainment capital of Sharm as that title has to go to Naama.

The Sun, Star and Moon hotels are within the Raouf Hotels complex in Nabq. Strongly suggest that you check reviews on other websites concerning these hotels if you don t find any here.
When I looked up the website for the hotel I think they called it 'the entertainment capital' because they have a cinema on site..!
Hello Snorkellbabe

We stayed in the Hostmark Hotel in Nabq Bay 2 years ago. The hotel you refer to was about a mile away from us, its part of the Raouf chain. We would walk along the beach everyday and saw the hotel nearing completion.

It is 3 seperate complexes situated in the immaculate grounds. We were fortunate to chat to the lifeguard and the gardener daily, both lovely men who were only to pleased to show us photos of their families.

They explained the hotel was owned by an Egyptian married to an American lady. At the time I think only one of the buildings was open, but they had some Russian guests booked in.

During our many chats we mentioned the absence of balconies and wondered if they were to be added on! We were told the hotel had no balconies to any of the rooms and none were planned. We did think this rather strange considering the most breathtaking veiw being directly on the beach.

This hotel is some way from the centre of Sharm but hopefully they will run a shuttle service. Otherwise evening entertainment in the hotels is somewhat limited. But by the time you've sunbathed and swam in the crystal clear water you'll be far too exhausted to go out. Getting taxis there and back every evening could prove costly

As this was some time ago maybe things have changed. I would strongly suggest you take a look at the http://www.tripadvisor site as I know there are a few comments about this hotel, not all favourable. Hope this has been of some help.
Regards Fran
Hi Briar, yes the Hostmark is The Hostmark Oriental. I beleive that its now under new management and greatly improved since we were last there.

Should think so too. Quite a few people, some were still in touch with sucessfully sued for illness ect. But thats another long story.
Regards
Fran
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.