Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Andy,

Sounds as though you had a real bargain with the flight....and an interesting few days in Bulgaria.

If you return to Bulgaria and find yourself in the same predicament as in Kotel again, it's "Къде е тоалетната, моля?" (Kade e toaletnata, molya?).... ;)

Baldur
Thanks Baldur,

I've printed it out to stick in my book.

andy
what an interesting report. Very readable. Were you only there a couple of days?
Hi Fiona,

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. It was just a short break of three nights, another couple of days there would have been nice but I was happy with what I got considering the airfare I paid.
Do you think the girls only approached you because you were on your own (were you on your own?)? I'm a bit worried now - going with my husband and I dont' want them approaching and trying to pick-pocket him!

We're also at Iberostar and will be going to Corner Bar. A few people from the tripadvisor forum are meeting in there at 8pm on the 8th June. Anyone who's there feel free to pop along!
I like to keep within the recommended 21 units per day toonman :cheers :cheers It is 21 per day isn't it :whoops
Yes Lesley, they definitely saw me as an easy target as I was on my own. I never saw them approach a couple or a mixed group. I don't think you or your hubby will have any problems with them if you are together, only if he walks down the street by himself or in a purely male group will they approach. If you are upstairs in the brighter corner, the one with the red seats that look like they belong in a fairground ride, look across the street to the display table with a back on it (it looks a bit like a giants chair) they often used this as a resting/meeting place.
Being going to SB for over 10years twice a year and never had any problems regarding the girls on the street...neither have any of our male companions but we dont normally spend evenings on the front or by the Kuban. We're usually with bulgarian friends in the places that the locals go. Last year we were told, by a crowd of lads on their own that the girls were along the front near Victoria Palace and as described by handyandy they were also approached and as one girl 'touched them up' another was trying to get in their pockets. Some that paid for 'the service' were taken onto the beach by the girls but before anything happened they were approached by a couple of heavies pretending to be police and were ordered to pay a fine. There was an article in the local paper last year stating that this was happening.
So you've been warned, any of you lads going out this Summer, Take care.
Some that paid for 'the service' were taken onto the beach by the girls but before anything happened they were approached by a couple of heavies pretending to be police and were ordered to pay a fine.

I'm glad I stayed reasonably :cheers sober :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.