General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Have you told your insurance company about your hubby?
If you have I bet your premiums are high!!!!!!!
You two are walking disasters on holiday!! :rofl
I hear that a lot of virginities get lost on holidays! ;)
Marlou your hubby sounds just like mine, a walking disaster! I always take charge of everything on holiday due to the fact he has this get up and go attitude and leaves us scrambling to pick up and check that we have everything. Even a simple trip to the hotel pool and sunbeds ends up with me and the kids lugging inflatables, bags, suncream, books etc and where is he? - already in the pool/lying on the sunbed and wondering where we've been. I check a thousand times that we have everything we came with before we leave, hubby reckons i'm verging on being OCD, but I have to be obsessive with him about.
Marlou and Liz - are you by any chance married to a 65 year old man - about 6 foot tall - small grey beard? :think He calls himself Frank when he's with me! From your descriptions, it sounds like him. ;) Jenny x
Common sense seems to be lost by many on holiday, i think the scanner at the airport actually sucks the brains out of some people! Today had me in stitches went into the post office to collect my post and ahead of me going through the door was a a big family on an outing. Down stairs, past the boxes and envelopes and postal paraphanalia, stood inline watching all the postal business go on for 5 mins, got to the front, and in a broad brummy accent "excuse me, what time do the buses go?" :rofl
My dad sounds exactly like yours Jimnliz! Mum always gets everything ready for the pool and the beach! My dad is already there ,without taking anything apart from his hat and sunglasses!! When mum gets there then, he's straight into her bag getting the suncream, his book e.t.c. What would these men do without us! :que
What would these men do without us!

Finally grow up? Seriously, if I knew I could rely on some handmaiden to do all my thinking for me, lug all the holiday clutter around etc I'd just saunter off straight to the sunbed too! Come on girls! Start 'forgetting' their books, their suncream and they'll soon learn to remember them for themselves. Or go off in a sulk and leave you in glorious peace and quiet ;)

SM
Marlou - no one would ever guess that your OH spent a year going round the world on his own!! He's only become Mr Scatterbrain since you came along, and took over :que :rofl :rofl
Sma, both scenarios sound good :tup . Helen T, you've hit the nail on the head!!
Hi Marlou,
...and your hubby thinks that your mum and me over organise things- at least we don't lose anything :)
Oh, I forgot we do lose our hubbies for a day every holiday :rofl
Well I shouldn't have been so quick to criticise hubby. Went for a weekend away not so long ago, and I left my £150 coat on the train :duh . I'm absolutely gutted. I've rung the hotline for lost property, but they say leave a message describing your lost item, with your name and number and if it's found, they'll get in touch :banghead: That was nearly a month ago, so I think I can say that's well and truly gone :yikes
Marlou, check your house insurance hun, you might be covered for your coat. :)
I left my phone charger behind a couple of years back, doh.
Plenty of times we've been sitting at a bar and put our bags of booze under the table only to leave without it! It usually ends with me legging it back to the bar to get the booze!
Thing is, if it was shopping or food everyone in the bar would think I was a fool but because it was alcohol everyone gives me the thumbs up! :)
One good thing about people losing things is the other day I found a nice coat that some idiot had left on the train! Must be worth about £150!!! ;)
ooooo..............she's gonna kill ya........ :haha :rofl
:cheers
I hope not, lol. Just humour, It's good for morale!!! :)
err..i have been known on odd occasions to lose all recollection of events the previous night! I think it was a very drunken night in lanza..and trust me, there was little else to do except get exceedingly drunk at this place I loosely call a hotel. There was also a tropical storm that had lasted 3 days, everything was flooded, the airport was shut,so were most of the bars in CT, we couldn't go out, the entertainment was bad and many guests had got food poisoning so what were we supposed to do??? :cheers

There were about 30 of us in total..and it was a very good night but I cannot remember all of it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.