Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lost Holiday !!!
37 Posts
OK. Let's look at the facts.

Most people complete their forms accurately, and obtain a visa.

Most visas are being returned in 7 to 10 working days. They seem to be getting quicker as the season has been going on. Perhaps they know what they are doing now.

Don't even consider cancelling your holiday. What if you did that and then your visa arrived?

Your visa will appear on the system soon, probably tomorrow. After that, it will be just a couple of days.

Look on the bright side, and when you are relaxing on that golden beach, raise a glass and toast the poor sap who dumped you and is sitting in freezing cold Blighty!

Are there any specifics you are worried about, or just the timescale?
Go onto the VFS website and track your application - you will need your passport number to log in plus your name and date of birth. This will tell you where it is in the process. Once it says its gone to the High Commission for further processing it will have been checked and should be OK. It took ours from Wednesday, when it was sent to the High Commission, to the next Tuesday (ie, 6 days) till we got it back, so you should get it back before 12th December. Good luck!!!!
Hi every one i have rang vfs and they say my passport wont be on there system for up to three days, so then i can track it from there, so trying to forget about it today and get on with my life, Like sorting clothes and things i will need to be taking with me.

I will keep you updated and thank you all for your help

xxx Walks
And don't forget my tip for you for the first relaxing drink you have on the beach.

I'm sure you will have a great time. Sunshine, sea and relaxation. Just what the doctor ordered.
:sun2
Yes this is what the doctor ordered :tup The only thing is now that i am worried about that if he turns up, but he said he was not going now, But some tickets arrived for him the other day !!!! And he had booked to go with another couple who we met out there and stayed in touch with, the same couple which had told me loads of times that they did not want to get involved when we where going through our break up... They are the same couple that he was staying with when i sat here heart broken while my so called friend would ask i how was i every day, And he must of been sat there with them as i was poring my heart out :cry .
I will just have to keep every thing crossed i dont run into them. xxx
I will just have to keep every thing crossed i dont run into them. xxx

Not so!
If you do run into them (not in a tuk tuk!) smile brightly and show that you don't give a fig!(other words are available here )

Partners do not "dump" you......all they do is give you back your freedom

hope visas are back in time as you didn't say when you are going (or I haven't seen it)
Break ups are really hard.

Best of luck.

Papa
Sorry to hear about the break up walks but, as a few have said, get to Goa and enjoy. I'm sure your visa will be back in time ;)
:)
Thank you for your kind words Del i will try to remember All lol, I am so hurt so Angry, but will try my best to walk on !!!
:que
Doh forgot to say i should be flying out on the 12Th everything crossed xxx
Keeping everything crossed your visa arrives in time. I admire what you are doing have a great holiday x
Walks, I agree with Del, if you should happen to bump into him, give him your brightest smile (even if your heart is breaking) and let him wonder how you can be having such a great time without him.

I'm sure you will soon get mixing with people over there, and you genuinely will be having a great time.

Show the loser you are made of strong stuff, and just think, on this holiday you can do exactly what you want, when you want, without having to consider any one else.

Have a fabulous time, and please make sure we hear all about it when you get back. :tup
:wave:
Thank you everyone, for your kind words and support, I will try my very best and yes i have some nice people over there that are waiting for me, and they will make me smile, and i will try my very hardest to smile if i come across them. ( the thought of it makes me feel so sick) and yes i will let you all know how i get on be my pleasure :D

xxx
You go and have a lovely time and just remember that all your friends here on HT are walking right beside you making you smile :D and supporting you if you meet him :tup
Walks, just so you know, don't worry too much about the visa tracking on the VFS site - it's quite rubbish!! Mine said they were being processed, and by the time it said that had been sent to the High Commission for further checking, I had the things in my hand!

A few people have mentioned, that if you opted for notification messages, these are behind the times too, so please try and relax.

You have the rest of this week, and one whole week next week. That seems to be more than enough time at the moment. The definitely seem speedier this year.

The ex probably doesn't think you've got the nous so get yourself sorted with tickets and a visa. You show him girl!
;)
Thank you morbor one, My main concern is if i have filled it in right, then there is no chance that i could get it back then even if i went to Birmingham or London is there !! like i say just feel sick, i keep thinking dont worry just get packing lol.

Oh yes, As much as i dont want to see him, i would like to check out his face if he did see me lol i did tell him, i was still going to go but i dont think he belived me, cant blame him because at that stage i was not lol,
He booked me a tcket 2 days after he had booked his own, then Cancelled it :cry . But i am quite pleased i have done it my self at £200 cheaper for longer and a far better room and in the right location lol :rofl
and lost 1 1/2 stone in the process lol.
xxx
Most people do fill the form in right. I'm sure you took your time, and if anything like me, checked, checked, checked and checked again.

Not many people do it wrong, but obviously you hear more about them as they have to sort it out again. I think it's a vast majority who actually get the visas first time.

I know nothing is going to stop the nerves until the visa arrives, but think positive.
Hi Walks, sorry to hear about all your problems but glad to hear you are going to Goa again, we didn't see you last year. We are out there the same time as you - 9-31 December so get yourself to the meet ups this year. Liz and I are bringing a friend with us this year who unfortunately lost her husband last November. She has been to Goa before though. You are quite welcome to join up with us anytime day/evening, we are staying in Calangute too. I am sure your visa will arrive and I agree don't take too much notice of what it says on the website, we too had ours back before it said anything about it being processed. Hope we see you at the first meet up on the 14th.
Hi Pip not been on here for a quite a while. Sorry to hear your sad news.
I hope you got your visa ok and have a great holiday.
Very kind offer from Brenliz and I am sure you will be just fine.
Take care x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.