Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
this one slipped through the net. An interesting thread- anyone else? :)
What did I learn this year!!!

1. The coastal erosion due to RP is getting worse down at Sinquerim Beach.

2. They do fire up the open air crematorium down holiday road in Candolim.

3. When your driving your scooter past Panjim junction in Candolim and the elephant wants to turn right it does not have any indicators.

4. The number of people checking your passport when departing Dabolim is well over double figures

5. That even though i said never again after my passport experience at the airport it looks like we will be back next year
this one got me thinking
1.discovered Honeybee
2.dirty toilets won`t actually kill me
3.romonov before sunset not a good idea(or drinking it by the bottle)
4.getting out and about rather than laying about around a pool.
5.carvery meets(and the friends we made)
1 prefer south by far now but after going for many years there's still places i want to see/stay
2 met and stayed with a great family who became my indian 'mom and dad', in addition to my lovely family in Candolim who I stop with
3 you are given paper pants to wear for an aurevedic massage and nothing else!!
4 the crowd of friends in candolim have depleted by many, moved onto new places
5 getting up for sunrise on christmas eve and spending the day going up and down the beach with our christmas hats on ringing our bell!!!
1. We learned on our last trip not to become attached to the one beach shack ever again. The next time we go we will visit a different shack each day.
2. I didn't realise how much I loved Honeybee until I ran out of it back home. This is another reason why I must return in the 2009/10 season as two bottles are just not enough. :cry
3. We prefer the peace and tranquillity of the south. I have a photograph of the beach as my computer wallpaper and each time I see it, I wish I were back there.
4. Not to eat crispy deep friend prawns on the last night of our holiday. I did and half way through the meal I felt ill and had to call the doctor at 4 am the next day (about a hour before we were due to leave for the airport).
5. After 9 visits to Goa, I am still fascinated by the tiny crabs that scuttle across the beach.
1 - I think I love it more each time I go :D

2 - After years of buying quite expensive sunglasses in the UK I found a couple of pairs on the Baga Road stalls for a couple of quid each , lovely styles , will buy more next time I go :)

3 - I visited the Candolim boy's home and found it to be a very humbling experience.

4 - I visited the Thai Oriental restaurant for the first time, wont be the last.

5 - I used genuine fakes in Calangute to change my money, found thier rates to be excellent :)
1) Goa is still outstanding value for money.
2)There are snakes in India... and living near to you !
3)Some changes are for the better, some are not.
4)Hiring a bicycle is a great way of seeing the countryside at a steady pace....but take plenty of water.
5)Getting invited to someones home reminds you of how lucky we are and the things we take for granted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.