General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Your Money and your Passport and your Invoice, Tickets for your holiday, Everything else you can purchase in Turkey should you look hard enough.
your crisp £10 note per person for entry into Turkey tucked inside each passport

your travel insurance documents
there is a comprehensive list on h/t under tools :sun2 with a currency convertor as well worth a look
Your smile for the times you get hassled, remember they are only on commision :cheers
Any medication you may be on, plus paracetamol for hang-overs :D
I also take a mini first aide kit, plasters antisceptic creams etc... and some mozzie repellent!
MP3 Player
Alarm clock
Passport with 6 months left on it on your day of return
Travel iron
String/pegs/travel wash
If you have a kettle in your room (if not take a travel one) Tea, coffee, sugar, tea spoons, tea towels. (there's nowt like a good old decent cuppa after a hard days sunbathing) ;)

Remember, when you step out of the door to go to the airport, say to yourself (at least 3 times) Tickets, Money, Passport!!!!!
Clean knickers - incase (god forbid) you are in an accident...

Well...it's what my ma always used to say to me! :rofl
Just come back from Turkey, they can be extremely particular about the £10 entry charge. Make sure that they aren't ripped, or have any biro/pen marks e.t.c
Corkscrew/bottle opener.
Mozzie plug in killer.
Plug (for the sink, not sure if it's still the case but didn't have them in Turkey last time we went)
Bonjela!

Had a really painful ulcer once in Greece. Tried my best explaining to Chemist who gave me a box of something. When I got it back to the hotel and looked at the leaflet, the diagram clearly showed it was cream for the opposite end of the body! :really

Dread to think what they thought I had wrong with me..... :whoops
I never ever travel without wet wipes, you can freshen up anytime anyplace anywhere. they really are a god send in hot countries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.