Zeebops - Utorda
Pentagon - Majorda
Welcome back Fiona

It has to be The Goan Village Cavellosim and The Golden Eye :tup
ann
Riverview, Cavellossim Wonderful setting good food & entertanment
Goan Village, Cavellossim Good food some entertainment
Bettys, Mobor Good food certain nights good entertainment
Jazz Inn Cavellossim This year 2008 much improved & excellent music not just jazz
i would recomend 1.mikes place, 2.bettys, 3.the getdown, i must say we have never had a bad meal in any of these places.
Mines's the same as last year ~ Goan Village, Riverview and Palm Grove.
For Colva
Sagar Kinara - the best Indian veg and non-veg

Sea Pearl - for excellent fish

Anthy's Sernanbatim - tandoori and fish

Mickey's - on kareoke night, the Indian tourists love it

Domnick's shack - for breakfast

sorry it had to be more than three :) x lassi
thanks all. However, since asking I have decided not to compile a top10 this season. For north Goa the top recommendation for last season would not make the top 10 at all this season and we had several others which everyone seemed to love which had not be in the running previously. However, I think I may just start the new season with links to this thread and the north Goa one on the first post :)
Top 3

1. Fisherman's Wharf (near Betty's)
2. Bettys
3. Sam's Shack

Footnote:
After reading about the Goan village, we tried it twice. Unfortunately the second time was as bad as the first time.............Sorry :yikes

Peter
Riverview

Zumbrai (shack near Benaulim)

Agnellos (near entrance to Ramada)
Hi Peter,

It just goes to show how these places can change so quickly in popularity, Goan Village was up and down in January when we was there and the Fishermans Wharf was being avoided like the plague. Rumour had it Holiday Inn who own it could't keep the staff.

Tush
Sorry Peter made a mistake I thought you had mentioned Get Down not Goan Village
Its Get Down who was up and down not Goan Village
(getting in a right muddle here)
Muddle is my middle name!

We thought Fisherman's wharf was very good. Head waiter couldn't do enough to please.
The waiting staff were a little out of their depth at times, some nights better than others, but the food was excellent.

It is unfortunate that these restaurants are not consistent - but there again it is the same in the UK. Chef changes and / or different waiting staff = different experience!

No Delhi Belly though - that's the main thing :tup

Peter
We went to Fisherman's Warf today for the first time.Both of us thought it was excellent.We will definitley make a return visit...food, service and the location were superb.

John
Hi
Just reading about holiday Inn not being able to keep staff at Fishermans wharf..this will be probably due to staff jumping ship liturely. They will work there for a short time, get there papers then apply to work on the cruise ships. I even met a waiter called Kennedy on the caribbean princess in october that had done that
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.