Tiger Trail
Himalaya
Fishermans Cove
Tonys Place
Himalya
Bistro
Flloyds (opp Casa Sea Shell) - their curry sauce is to die for
Alexandra's
I'm usually a fan of Inferno but had a terrible meal in December plus the service was poor. Micos was very good, but pricey. Where is Himalaya?
  • Edited by candy64 2008-02-20 14:37:29
Sala Thai (Think thats the name) at Cato Loco close to Highland Beach Hotel
Hi all, we had two lovely meals at posh nosh, cant remember if it was before stonehouse or after. all the same very nice food owned by a english lady,check it out, shazzer
tonys place stonehouse cinnebar jazz corner bon appetite big blue.
Stonehouse always used to be my favourite but this year i went with some friends on Valentines Day and was so disappointed. The food was very average, small portions and with a full restaurant they only had three staff on so service was very, very slow.
Kalinga, I might have caught it on a bad night but a few hours after I'd eaten there the food suddenly decided it wanted to leave my body very quickly.
Rodonda on the Calungute roundabout was pretty good :offtop
But my favourite was Chef Soumeins Kitchen. Great service, wonderful food.
Alan
Floyds Hut for me.Will post more details in my report.
Just got back jetlagged... but in summary....

Kalingas - favourite for quality of food and good price too. King prawns were 350Rs for 8.
Bomras - good atmosphere, good food but superb desserts - chocolate fondant and vanilla ice cream and ginger creme brulee... both the best!
Gato Loco - if you get fed up of Indian food (how can you?) then this is good for good class English food.
Cafe Chocolatti - great cakes for an afternoon tea!

Other visited for comparison
Soumyens - great service but dissappointed with advertised signature dishes... very average
Stonehouse - distinctly average.
Cecilias - walked out, packed in with 50-60s Brit crowd.
Rising Waves
Cecilias
Tiger Trail
Fishermans Cove
Tonys Place
:sun2
My recommendation for a new restaurant in Candolim would be Rising Waves. It is very near to Snow White laundry and doesn't look inspiring from the front, but the back is great and the food is fantastic and very reasonable! Mostly tried the fish dishes.

Apparently during the day the front part of the restaurant is very local and does thali.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.