Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we like colva but have only been on day trips a lot of indians visit there hence the prices stay lower than some of the resorts i dont think we would stay there we prefer cavelosim what type of accomadation are you looking for ? :D
I think Cavelossim is a great base for a fantastic holiday, Benaulim is also a lovely village and neither are remote so you can still see all the sights as well as take a trip down to Palolem or Agonda and stay in a beach hut on stilts for a night.
Tightjock, how far is Benaulim from Cavelossim? Is it possible to walk to neighbouring beaches from there? Also which beaches are closest?

Thankyou

Ellie
:) I like Cavolissm, Palolem is ok but getting too discovered! Also Majorda and Agonda beach but there's not a lot there.
Elliebee ~~ it's possible to walk from Mobor down to Benaulim on the beach. We've done this often but normally early in the morning before the real heat sets in. It takes around 1.5 hours to get to Varca have breakfast in a shack and then a further 1 hour to Benaulim. If you do this please ensure you take lots of water with you1!!

I've bumped up pictures I took earlier this year for yourself and Candy64 but have just noticed that Elliebee's already seen them. Sorry. Still, take a further look to get you in the mood for the beach walk !!
You can also cycle as the beach is one continuous stretch from the River Sal estuary (Mobor) past Cavelossim Varca Benaulim Colva and beyond. The local bus takes around 30 mins costs 8 rupees and is great fun, if you take the bus get off at Maria Halls cross-roads and walk down to the beach.
We enjoyed both our stays in Colva. Probably a bit biased because it was the first village i stayed in when I first visited Goa back in the Seventies.

Colva nowadays is fine for us. We are a couple in our very late fifties. The 'nightlife' was limited but that did not bother us in the slightest. there are a few restaurants that have music etc.

We stayed at the Oceanique Hotel. there is a thread with many comments on that hotel on this site. Also, if my memory serves me right, there is also a topic on Colva as well.

Colva is growing. I would say it is more of a resort for local Goans etc. That suits us fine as well. I would recommend Colva.
HI Sarah Jane,

I stayed a month in Benaulim in January, TightJock is soo right, I'd recommend Benaulim, it a short tuc-tuc ride Colva (cost about 50 - 75 rps) and it's a nicer place to be. The same cost to Margoa (the old capital of Goa) and loads of markets and quaint litlle rabbit warren markets. You will also get the bigger touristy shops there like the Caro Centre. Once you get onto benaulim beach from the main beach road walk left for 20 mins to Varca and right for 20 mins to Colva.

We stayed at the Royal Palms in Benaulim but had time to have a good look around so if you find a hotel you like the look of I'll try to help.

Arl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.