Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Great FTV, apart from the turbulence :oops: We had some bad turbulence flying out as well. We were flying over Eastern Europe at the time, the seat belt signs were on and off non-stop. Looking forward to the next instalment :D
:omg poor you FTV ..I can tell this is gona be good ..when can we have some more .........dont keep me waiting..not long anyway haha
Part Deux

Landing safely in Goa that overwhelming feeling of being home hit me along with the familiar smells and the heat as I came down the plane steps into the early morning Goan sun, I swear a tear of joy trickled down my cheek which was quickly wiped away before Mrs FTV thought I had totally gone soft.
Started the immigration queue up, I was sure I picked the right queue until it slowed to almost reverse, by this time another plane had landed so we stayed put and after half an hour were on our way for the bags. We bumped into the couple we met in Manchester who had a large taxi booked and offered us a ride into Town, which we accepted with great gratitude. The bags were just on their way round as we got into the baggage hall so off we went with our new friends to get the waiting taxi which was indeed waiting boot open for us as we waded through the greedy luggage boys, I let slip and one of the bags was picked up 2 feet from the taxi and hauled into the boot an a hand appeared awaiting a pound coin to which it was waived away and a very tired snarl aimed at the perpetrator.

Arrived at the Hotel long before the bus so we straight away upgraded to a/c £50 for the 2 weeks and off to the room to unpack and unwind after the long journey. The room was at the back of the hotel and had a large sitting room with a few chairs and a fridge, the bedroom was a decent size and had two beds together to make the double, there was a kitchen in another room but it was basically just a sink with nothing else in there so we put shoes and cases in it, the balcony was overlooking the adjacent hotel kitchen which was the source of much amusement over the coming weeks. Clean, fairly basic, plenty of space and just off the main road with plenty of shops and bars so everything was just fine.
Absolutely knackered we decided on a power nap to re-charge the batteries, 5 hours later (some serious power napping) we took a stroll down to the beach from the hotel and took in the sights and sounds we came to see in Goa went in the restaurant at the top of the steps to have a drink and watch the sun set, ahhh this is the life and we are home in Goa once more.
Down to Candolim to pay a visit to Relish for some food and to see my friend Becky the Doberman, lovely meal and it was pretty busy which was great to see as they were struggling a bit last year and they are really nice people. The manager rushed over to greet us at our table as he remembered us from last year we had a nice chat with him and the food was as good as it gets. A few beers and a cheeky honey bee or 2 had us both yawning so off to bed and ready for the next 2 weeks.

More to follow including the funniest thing that ever happened to anyone if only it wasn`t me :shock:
FTV,
Is Bobby back at Relish or is he still on the cruise boats?
Steve
Don`t know Sam I`m useless with names I just remembered a few familiar faces.
love the cliffhanger FTV :lol:
Do you think this turbulence is trying to tell us something, at least it was on our way back, perhaps I should have stayed in Goa. :twisted:

Wishful thinking :D
Haven't even been to Goa!!!!!!---------------but FTV----can't wait for part three :)
Feel the vibe,
which restaurant does Beckie live at?
We thought that she lived at Titus (next door to Nico's)italian restaurant.
Or perhaps there is more than one Beckie (doberman without a docked tail)
del949
and!!!!???? .... come on we all want to know what happened!! :lol:
chilly
Del Becky stays at the Relish restaurant down the road from taste of China in Candolim. Patience patience Chilly :lol: all will be revealed :wink: just deciding on a format for the rest of the report as I can`t remember which days we did what, will get it done for today, I promise :roll:
Part Three

As we had been to Goa before we decided which trips out we would do over the next two weeks, Spice Garden and Mapsa market were agreed on as we didn`t want to spend too much time in the back of a taxi if it could be avoided.
Second day was spent around the lovely pool area at So My to build up a bit of a base tan as my pale body hadn't seen the sun since last August and I didn`t fancy looking like a lobster on south beach.
After a relaxing day and catching up to Goa time we decided on Shepherds Pie Cactus for tea, the place was really busy and we just managed to squeeze in as more were turned away. Chicken Kadhai, jeera rice and a garlic butter nan washed down with a couple of Kingfishers hit the spot nicely and when the bill arrived it was even better, this place is really good value for money without losing the quality of the food
We decided on a trip down Baga for few drinks and hopefully a bit of atmosphere, this is were the fun starts with the taxi men. "400 rupees pfffft your having a laugh aren't you mate" as I walked off spitting feathers with Mrs FTV in hot pursuit, found another for 200 and against my better judgement Mrs FTV jumped in. Before we arrived in Goa I was adamant that these parasites were not going to rip me off, this was the first battle and certainly wasn't going to be my last.
Jumped out on the top of Tito road and had a stroll down towards the beach, all the beach shacks at the bottom were eerily silent unlike last year when music was pumping out and people were dancing away the night, we opted for a drink at Zanzibar shack, took an outside candlelit table and enjoyed a few drinks as we listened to the waves crashing onto the shore. We tried here a few times in the evening and found the staff very friendly the food was quite good and Mrs FTV commented on the good toilets, so not a bad choice at all.
Walked back up the Tito road which was full of mostly Indian males and a few Indian families on their holidays, also saw what looked like a prostitute touting for business were all the cars are parked at the bottom, me and Mrs FTV were convinced it was a he she and a very rough looking one at that as we giggled our way up to the main road. We got stuck behind an Indian family walking up, every one of them were speaking English and probably had a few too many beers and it was like a scene from goodness gracious me, one was staggering all over the place much to the dismay of his wife, very funny. We had a walk up to Agua bar which is at the Hotel Linda, we visited here a few times last year and found it a great place to chill out and enjoy a few drinks, they even had the music on till about 1 am. A few beers and a couple of Honey bees started to put me in sleep mode so here we go again with the taxi men, 250 rupees was quoted "night rate sir" as I walked off yet again, managed to find a tuk tuk and asked him if it would cost 50 000 rupees to So My resort, he looked in sheer disbelief and answered "No sir, I take you for 100" , and off we went.

More to follow including what happened to me in the barber shop (small clue to keep you going) :shock:
ftv,great so far dont forget to include were you got it cuy and how much ive got a book going so i know who to visit next week,thanks,steve.
Steve you won`t want to visit this place when I spill the beans mate :lol:
http://bestsmileys.com/barber/1.gifim really looking forward to more FTV...
ftv,even more of a reason to put it in my book then dont you agree? thanks again steve.
FTV, waiting patiently for next part of your report.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Come on FTV, where is it?
Jxk8.......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.