General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Very annoying someone must have complained I reckon as there are loads of reviews on the Sharm review section moaning about the Russians. They edit it out of the forums all the time but leave it in all the reviews. Seems like you have been picked on a bit. :(
I read that report and it was very informative, maybe a little to near the knuckle for some people (truth always hurts), such a shame they have removed it as it would have benefitted a lot of people visiting Mexico in the near future. :sun2
it is an american site and we all know they can't take Criticism, so its not suprising
Too true, my hubby said its an american site, the thing was they let it on for a week. The bloke that complained hasnt written a review so that says volumes. T/a obviousley want nicey nicey and not the truth. I like americans in general, but they were hideous around the pools. The bloke knew i told the truth and cannot take it
I would have refused to edit it and pointed out to TA that it was a true and accurate review, mind you it is not just TA that edits reviews.
Save your time and post them here instead :)

Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
I would have refused to edit it and pointed out to TA that it was a true and accurate review, mind you it is not just TA that edits reviews.

Who else removes information in this way?
I bet there's lots of reviews complaining about the Brits abroad too. Even the person who twittered about your review on TA couldn't help but have 2 digs at the Brits, one about us not tipping and the other about our teeth :D Were their comments removed??

It's a well documented fact that, especially during Spring Break, the young Americans get a little 'over excited' in Mexico (their playground) same as the young Brits in Magaluf and Kavos :duh
Yes Glynis, i am assuming it was the guy about tipping and teeth that complained, although that said, if he read my mega report i did mention about tipping. So in hind sight maybe he needs to go to spec savers :D

Well at least my proper review is on HT, apparently mine didn't reach the guidelines and was hearsay about the drinking at the swim up bars. Now if a guest read my report they now wouldn't know it was noisey, so my review isn't accurate.

I have had this before on my reviews, i got told not to call them Yanks !

Yet i do love America, having been to LV, Los Angeles twice, Orlando twice, Washington DC and New York.
I have seen it too, and thought it was fair and painted a picture, which is what a review should do. I have experienced similar whilst in Jamaica a couple of years ago, and like you I don't have an issue with the Americans - but you could easilty pick them out through their loudness ;) To be fair a chap that I got alking though did also pile us brits in the 'prim and proper' hats, which of course is not true for all us brits, the same as not all Americans are loud and over the top. Just the ones round the pool on hols ;)
Derwentrocker wrote:
Yes Glynis, i am assuming it was the guy about tipping and teeth that complained, although that said, if he read my mega report i did mention about tipping. So in hind sight maybe he needs to go to spec savers :D

Well at least my proper review is on HT, apparently mine didn't reach the guidelines and was hearsay about the drinking at the swim up bars. Now if a guest read my report they now wouldn't know it was noisey, so my review isn't accurate.

I have had this before on my reviews, i got told not to call them Yanks !

Yet i do love America, having been to LV, Los Angeles twice, Orlando twice, Washington DC and New York.

I always worry about swim up bars, as you see peeps at them for hours and hours on end not moving, and lets face it what goes in must come out :yikes I never particularly look for hotels with swim ups as I can't get that image out of my head. :really :rofl
doe wrote:

I always worry about swim up bars, as you see peeps at them for hours and hours on end not moving, and lets face it what goes in must come out :yikes I never particularly look for hotels with swim ups as I can't get that image out of my head. :really :rofl

Oh dear I never, ever thought of that :yikes They should use that dye that glows in the dark if you tinkle in the pool ;)
tinkle??? Glynis- did you read what she said about the size of their drinks?
Fiona wrote:
tinkle??? Glynis- did you read what she said about the size of their drinks?

:rofl Water levels rising
doe wrote:

That's why MRSMG and I call the Peebars!

ATB,J.
Well there was a middle aged woman that sat on the pool bar seat from 10.30-4.30 every day, how she got brown i dont know, but definitely she never moved, she came from Penzance and owns a chippy.

My holiday friends all had coughs, runny red eyes and ear ache, i suggested it maybe the swimming pools, we never had it as didnt venture in the pools. The yanks used to carry their drinking vessels which held 3 pints, ugh gross. I wouldnt last that long to need the loo, i would have to invest in some waterproof tenas ladys :(
Trip Advisor dont like any comments about any other nationalities and they always remove reviews and posts mentioning them.
I recently answered a question about a new hotel that is opening in Turkey that is going to be run by the hotel we were staying at in October.
I was told by the manager it was going to be mainly Russian agencies that use it.
I mentioned this when someone asked about it and as it is not on a large site like the hotels in Sharm etc where you can escape from them I said I wouldnt like to stay there despite being offered a great deal.
The abuse I got was unbelievable stating I was racist etc.It was terrible and I now dont bother posting.
Also as TA headquarters is in America they wont like anyone calling there fellow countrymen!
Whoa Jean what a bad experience to have when you try and help people out!

Happy to have you on HT :)
Should have called them septic tanks or tin tanks, that's what my OH calls them, cockney slang for yanks :rofl
The Aussies call them seppos, short for septic tank = Yanks :rofl
Well my first review was on t/a for nearly two weeks ! It was oly retracted after a complaint from an american who incidently has not written any reviews, so basically a trawler. In my opinion they are not true and accurate reviews. Jay trip thats terrible the treatment you got xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.