Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
john.storr wrote:
Have you go your other photo's on yet daz of a330 cabin?

I now have a photo of the premium and economy cabins on Airliners.net, with 2 more to follow.

Darren
Hello Darren,

do you by any chance know what planes they usually use on the Glasgow-Cancun route? Is it the A330 with the bigger pitch?

We fly on the 30th of May and return on the 13th of June (TCX 152 and TCX 153, I believe)

Regards,
dsab85
We booked our seats with thomas cook your seat your choice paid £15 per person, but did not get any of the seats booked either way on flight, Ive wrote letter of complaint and asked for money back still awaiting reply. So be warned no garentees just one way of getting more money out of you.
dsab85,

Welcome onboard :tup
GLA-CUN-GLA (TCX152/3) are operated by an Airbus A330-243. You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

Flying LGW to AYT on 20 May on TCX1822 and back on 27 May on TCX1823. I believe it is an A330-200 but don't know if this is one of the Thomas Cook airlines with 33" pitch in economy or one of the old My Travel flights. Do you know?

Thanks

Julie
julier,

I should imagine it'll be one of the Thomas Cook ones as they are the ones that are normally reconfigured for short haul, or the leased -300 from TCX Scandanavia. It's unlikely to be in the long haul configuration. The TCX and MYT A332's are of similar vintage, they aren't really the 'old' MYT ones. There's only 2 or 3 years between the delivery dates apart from G-TCXA that is a later delivery (more details here). The cabins are the same other then the position of the toilets and an odd seat.

Darren
Looking at Flythomascook website, it seems that there are no flights to Punta Cana in the next winter from Gatwick ... When I did a search for flights leaving Gatwick on 4th Jan 2012 and back on 18th, the only results coming up are all the dates where flights are available and no winter dates are there ... Basically it ends in October and starts again in May

I'm booked on a package holiday with Thomas Cook on the above dates and really getting nervous about those flights not showing anywhere. If I'm adding that Thomas Cook main website only currently sells Thomson and First Choice packages for next winter, you will understand my concerns ...

I'm booked via Carribbean Warehouse.

All parties I've called seem not to know anything and no updates are available ... Namely, Carribbean Warehouse and Thomas Cook ... I'm getting mad ...

Would anyone know better ?

Many thanks in advance !!

Julmops
Julmops,

Thomas Cook are dropping quite a few long haul routes later this year. 3 long haul aircraft are going back to the leasing company at the end of the summer. Flights to Dominican Republic are amongst those being dropped. I don't know if alternative flights are being sought, but I would imagine capacity on Thomson Airways will be used.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I'm travelling on TCX226 MAN-SFB on 01/06/11 and returning TCX227 on 15/06/11 SFB-MAN. When originally booking my invoice stated that the aircraft would be an A333 with only 29" seat pitch and NO seat back IFE. From reading previous post I understood that the front section of this aircraft has a slightly increased seat pitch of 32", so pre-booked online seats 12 A,B,C,D (the last row of this section). I have just been back on to the online booking to find that the seat plan has changed from the original 3-3-3,2-4-2 (all economy) format to the old 2-3-2, 3-3-3, 3-3-3(tapered to 2-3-2 at rear) format. As such row 12 now shows as in the middle section, which isn't a problem if this means the aircraft has been changed to an A332 that has 33" seat pitch and has seat back IFE (which would be a bonus), as the aim of pre-booking seats was to get a little bit of extra leg room anyway.

If possible could you please confirm which plane is showing for my flight and if this changes back to the original 3-3-3, 2-4-2 will I likely keep my pre-booked seats of row 12 at the back of the front section.
Many Thanks
davids101uk,

My screen suggests it's now a regular long haul A330-200 operating your flight (TCX226/7). Regardless of the aircraft, if you've pre-selected row 12, that's what you should get.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren, much appreciated.
Hi
I am flying to Punta Cana 26/09/11 from Gatwick - how do you find out the actual plane that you are flying on? :que
I am concerned that a lot of peoples allocated planes seem to be changing.
thank you
Rainbowskyes :wave:
rainbowskyes76,

LGW-PUJ-LGW are operated by an Airbus A330-200. This wont change unless there's a technical problem with the assigned aircraft on the day. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

Could you tell us what plane our flights will be please?
Out on 5/5/11 TCX2416 MAN to Kos , return on 19/05/11 TCX2417 Kos to Man

hotfootedmouse1,

MAN-KGS-MAN (TCX2416/7) is showing as a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
we fly from manchester 15th september to sandford tcx414 and return 29th september tcx415
could you tell us what airplane we will be on
thanks ;)
jojam5,

MAN-SFB-MAN (TCX414/5) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi

I am flying to Cancun on the 7th May on TCX324 at 11:10. Could you please tell where our plane is coming from before taking us on our merry way?

Many Thanks in Advance

Andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.