Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
peterb1203,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-LPA-MAN (TCX2216/7) should be operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Nick 1992,

B763 is the type designator for Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Nick 1992 wrote:
i imagine a 767-300 to be like a 757 only on steriods. From watching you tube to me it seems like a slower climber.

The Boeing 767-300/ER is essentialy a wide bodied Boeing 757-200. They were developed at a similar time and have commonality in many systems. Even pilots rated on the 757 can fly the 767-200 and -300 due to flight deck comonality (but not the 767-400). It's a nice aircraft to fly on, although the positive touchdowns always come as a surprise! Climb rate depends on many factors, primarily weight so you can't really compare things from a video as you don't know the fuel, passenger or cargo load. The maximum take off weight (MTOW) of a 757-200 is 108,000-115,895 (dependant on sub-type), compared to 186,000kg for the 767-300/ER. A big difference. The 757-200 also has the highest power-to-weight ratio of all the airliners and given the 767 is a larger and heavier wide bodied jet, it's never going to match the performance of a narrow body.

Darren
Thanks Darren :)

I'm 6ft 4 and have heard many a tale around the leg room... Am i really going to be that uncomfortable?

Also is it too early to know what will be showing on the IFE in July?

Cheers

Pete
peterb1203,

They aren't the most spacious in the high density configuration, but no worse than any of the other charter airlines. Given your height though, it might be a bit of a sqeeze for you so you might want to enquire about the availability of extra legroom seating. There's no IFE on narrow bodied aircraft.

Darren
Darren- thanks for your speedy response.

I logged on to thomas cook, and finally it allowed me to book my seats, the plan shows 2 aisiles so does this suggest i may ge ton the 767-300? :que

Sorry to be a pain!

Pete
Hi Darren
Hoping to book a holiday to Mexico tomorrow with thomas Cook, I know the legroom is 33" but not sure if the plane would be a 3 -3 or 2 4 2.

We are going in August from Manchester.

They also want £20 each to choose your seat! you can then checkin online is this worth doing - and once your have secured your seat (I`m assuming you book your seats both ways) are the seats still reserved on the way home as you don`t checkin online to come home.

Many thanks
peterb1203,

It may have changed since I got the schedule then (it often does subject to demand). If there's 2 isles now, it's a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). IFE will be available in that case. Details are in their inflight magazine, linked from our What Aircraft? guide. You'll just hve to register with Ink Publishing to view it. It'll be the beginning of May before the magazine for your flight is available as it's changed every 3 months.

Darren
katiesmum,

Long haul flights to Cancun are operated by Airbus A330-200. These are 3-3-3 for the most part in economy with the rear 5 rows 2-3-2. The front cabin (former premium economy) is also 2-3-2. You'll find aircraft photos including cabin photos and seat plans on our What aircraft? guide. If you want to sit in a specific seat, then select your seat is a good idea. I like to do that so I can get the window view I want. If you aren't too fussed about where you sit, then you may want to save the money for a G&T or two on the flight! It's up to you really. You can choose your seat for the outbound and inbound flights. Online check-in is fine, but isn't all that much of a time saver as you have to check your luggage in anyway. As you need to queue and pay your departure tax as you check-in in Cancun, it's even less of a time saver. You'll only be able to check-in online for your outbound flight, not your inbound.

Darren
:D Thanks

Is too early to know which flight the plane operates before it? or is it the first flight of the day for the plane?

Also i have to different documents- one showing the flight departing at 07.00 and the other 08.00 which one is correct? For TCX 2216 to LPA? Shouldnt matter as ill be at the airport well early- for either

Cheers

Pete

PS Last questions I promise!
peterb1203,

As we're in the transition between summer and winter schedules, I don't have that information to hand until May. I should be able to let you know the incoming flight after then. Your flight is probably the first of the day with the flight prior coming in the previous evening or early morning. Flight times will be confirmed on your tickets, but it's showing as 0800 on my screen.

Darren
dazbo,

you said the last 5 rows on the a330 are 2-3-2, i have just been on 2 book my seats on tc website and there were 7 rows at the back like this. does that mean im not on the a330.
im going to punta cana on the 11/08/11 from manchester.
holnade,

That's correct for the A330-200 that should be used on your flights. A few flights are being swapped and changed at the moment though and it's possible your flight may be one of them to the larger Airbus A330-300. It is still showing as operated by the usual long haul -200 on my screen though. More details on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
looking at the what Aircraft? guide the seat plan on tc fits more to the description of the short haul a330-200. just annoyed that it only has 29" seat pitch not the 33"
the tour operator has a tendancy to put the wrong seat maps in the ticket booklets and on line for the a330-200s. so the one with 45/309 seems to be placed against most long haul flights when it isn't the case.

You are planned to be on one with 49/276 seats (ex MYT plane)
hi guys.
any idea yet, which aircraft tcx 148/149 to cancun, we will be on ?
buzzer14 wrote:
any idea yet, which aircraft tcx 148/149 to cancun, we will be on ?

A330-200. If it's the registration you're looking for, ask again the day before. It's mainly ex-MYT at MAN at the moment.

Darren
if its ex-my travel, do we still get a 33" seat pitch?
buzzer14,

Yes. Please refer to our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.