Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
dont think my 12mp camera will cut the mustard then! haha i'll just stick to facebook with them :)
You beat me to it David! I was just going to say, feel free to post them on here for the benefit of other members.

Darren
Hi,

Bit premature but I have been reading all sorts on this topic over the web. In short I am due to travel with Thomas Cook from LGW to Cancun in November 2011 flight number TCX248 returning on TCX249.

However I have heard Thomas Cook may be cancelling some Winter 2011 long haul routes. The source of my concern is that I cannot find any reference to this flight on the Thomas Cook website when I check and if I go down the line of trying to book another ticket on the website the only option for the date on the Thomas Cook website is a flight by Thompson!

Question is this due to the flight being fully booked or cancelled?

If I check the Itinerary there now seems to be no Tuesday flight ex Gatwick to Cancun for the whole of the winter 2011 Season?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
gavinmcconville,

The way I understand it, Thomas Cook are withdrawing some of their longhaul programme as 3 of their long haul aircraft (A330-200) are leaving the fleet at the end of the summer season. As a results, those flights are no longer being operated. Passengers effected are therefore travelling with other operators, mainly Thomson Airways. You'll have to speak to your tour operator for further details.

Darren
Hi there< does anybody know if TC issue comfort packs on their long-haul flights :tup
diner-lady,

It depends what you mean by comfort packs. You get a pillow and blanket on the overnight (normally inbound) flight, but that's it.

Darren
cheers Dazbo. Flew to Punta Cana with FC 2 years ago and we got little packs with all sorts of goodies in :tup Obviously not the same with TC. By the way loved the piccie of the cocktail :cheers
dinner-lady,

You mean amenity packs then. No, TCX don't do these anymore. I miss those banana mammas :cheers

Darren
Cheers Dazbo, yes thats what i meant (amenity packs) will pack my own bits now for flight. I will have a couple of cocktails for you in July :cheers
Hi,

Darren has kindly previously advised me that my flights in September will be Boeing 757 - I'm just wondering, if I book and pay for the 2 exit seats on row 11 and then the aircraft changes from a B757 and row 11 is no longer an exit row, will I be allocated seats on the appropriate exit row of the new aircraft, or will I just be placed on row 11, whether that be an exit row or not?

I'm not asking because I think the aircraft has changed, I'm just wondering!

Thanks.
cagzy,

If you book extra legroom seating, you'll get extra legroom seating regardless of the aircraft type or changes.

Darren
Thanks once again Darren. Good to know my money won't be wasted in the event of an aircraft change. :)
can anyone tell me what kind of aircraft i will be on each flight 01/08/2011 TCX2882 Manchester Antalya 10:45
12/08/2011 TCX2703 Antalya Manchester 02:15 12/08 04:55 12/08
many thanks
Hi runcornsue1

You may have lost track of your previous enquiry in this topic, here is a copy of Darren's reply:

runcornsue1,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you. There are two flights outbound; TCX2546 at 15:45 and TCX2882 at 17:10. Your return flight is either the TCX2889 arriving at 04:30 or the TCX2703 at 04:55. These should be operated by a Boeing 757-200 (most likely) or Airbus A321-200. If you ask closer to the time, I'll confirm it for you.

Darren

David :wave
Any else having problems putting your API on Thomas Cook site tried 6 times given up????????
qatarman,

It worked fine for me. What flight number are you putting it? If there's a zero in front of it on a long haul, try it without the zero or vice versa.

Darren
hi darren

Going back to the topic about the ex premium seats on longhaul to punta cana you cannot book them so will this be the same will they be allocated at check in so can i request these even though i have pre booked seats ??
marg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.