Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi can you tell me the plane reg for my flight to fuerteventura tomorrow. My flight is tcx2142 from man at 07.15?

many thanks
fazza994,

It makes no difference which specific registration take you to FUE as they're all the same inside. G-FCLB/E/H are in MAN at the moment.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
fairypants,

Maybe MikeBravo can give more details. I would imagine only the standard movies will be available otherwise it's an extra that economy passengers shouldn't get.

Darren

The only a330 that you could ge the 'extra' PREM movies on was 'XA' which had AVOD system.

Standard long haul flight sto not operate on this a/c this Summer, it only does candaian flights and short haul in config 45/309.
Just heard that Thos Cook have cancelled their Winter 2011/12 programme MAN-VRA. Is this info correct and is it just MAN or all VRA flights. Is it just for the winter, or is it another route that they're dropping altogether?
Sunaddict,

Thomas Cook have dropped a chunk of their long haul programme starting November as 3 of their long haul aircraft are leaving the fleet and being returned to the leasing company.

Darren
Hi Darren
Thanks. I know they have dropped quite a few routes but was wondering if VRA was just from MAN or across the board on a permanent basis. Guess it only leaves HOG and CCC fortnightly.
An update on API there is a thread on Tripadvisor regarding this problem with Thomas Cook Airlines.
Thanks MikeBravo!

Best update my iPod then and get my camera charged. I'm hoping there will be some plane geeks on there so I can have a good natter haha :)
fairypants,

There'll be two of them sat up-front! Just a pity you can't visit them in their office these days though :cry
Darren
is it 2 soon, to find out which plane we will be on tcx18 cancun, 10th may? to seat plan on tc web page, seems to suggest, its the 1 with the downstairs toilets!!
where will it be coming from the night before? or will it be grounded overnight?
im not sure wether ive asked these questions before!!
thanks richard..
buzzer14,

I thought you were flying on the 148 from Manchester? Your flights are operated by an ex-MYT Airbus A330-243. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The aircraft should be coming in from Gatwick early morning, positioning up after operating to Montego Bay or Punta Cana.

Darren

PS to look at your previous posts, click on your username to the left and it'll show a list of them.
i know, ill try and see if i can have a nosey when im on the ground haha if not ill just bore the cabin crew :)
I know that 18 April 2012 is some time off but can someone explain how Premium seats now work? Back last October we flew to Cancun in Premium seats and I understand that the the Premium Service has now ended.

However, I see from the TC Ultimate Style brochure, that Premium seats - not service - can be booked for the return route only. If I do book these seats for the return, when is the earliest that I can go online a select your seat your choice?

And, for the outbound route, are these seats only available at the check-in desk (3 hours before departure) or, can they be booked online 24 hours before the flight.
pizzajohn,

From the UK, there are no longer any premium services. This is due to the introduction of the higher departure taxes for premium products. All premium seating up to and including first class are now charged at the same rate. The tax can actually be as much as the premium upgrade itself on charter airlines! This is why TCX decided to withdraw the service when it was introduced at the beginning of this month. Outbound flights are therefore sold as extra legroom only. It's a different story on the inbound where the tax doesn't apply and therefore the premium service is available. Select your seat can be done as it is now (within 3 months of your departure date). Further details are on TCX's website.

Darren
Thanks for the speedy reply.

So, if I were to book a holiday tomorrow could I, in a few days, go online and select my premium return seats?

As for the extra legroom, outbound seats, are these purchased at check in on a first come first served basis
pizzajohn
Ex premium seats outbound cannot be prebooked. These are being allocated on a lottery basis once the final manifest is done. They may change things by the time you travel but I think it is because of the APD rules they cannot be prebooked.
Thos Cooks are now not allowing select your seat until 90 days prior to your flight, like Thomsons.
Thanks Guys.

It's all a bit hit and miss now! I'm trying to arrange six or eight of us to go to Cancun and I can picture the melee, 90 days before departure, with everyone - well 49 people - trying to secure their seats. And me trying to grab four pairs of them.
pizzajohn,

I really wouldn't be too fussed about getting seats in the front cabin. They're a little wider and you have 2" extra seat pitch, but they're nothing special. There are 2 photos of the premium cabin and 2 of the economy cabin, as well as plenty of other aircraft photos linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Personally, I wouldn't pay any extra for them or be too fussed if I didn't get them. While I still prefer the ex-First Choice long haul cabins, the TCX long haul economy cabins are fine. The seats are a little narrow, but apart from that, they're more than adequate for most.

Darren
Hi Darren

I watched the Newcastle to Kos flight yesterday, the plane reg was G-FCLB, is this likely to be my plane next thursday, or are there a few different planes which undertake that route?

Only curious as to where that particular plane will be over the next week?

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.