Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I think most people are aware of why they have dropped the premium cabin, although there are still plenty of people out there that would have paid the increase.
The main problem seems to be that the information around the allocation of these seats is just not transparent. If TC are playing 'let's avoid the taxman' that's one issue, but at least give some clear and consistent guidelines as to how these seats are to be allocated.
That fact that different parts of TC along with various employees, seem to not be able to come out with any consistent information, is what is annoying passengers, and losing TC credibility.
Surely the paying customers have the right to know?
Hello, can you tell me which plane reg my plane will be for tomorrows Newcastle to Kos flight. The flight number is TCX6234.

We know its a Boeing 757 200.
Sunaddict wrote:
I think most people are aware of why they have dropped the premium cabin, although there are still plenty of people out there that would have paid the increase.
The main problem seems to be that the information around the allocation of these seats is just not transparent. If TC are playing 'let's avoid the taxman' that's one issue, but at least give some clear and consistent guidelines as to how these seats are to be allocated.
That fact that different parts of TC along with various employees, seem to not be able to come out with any consistent information, is what is annoying passengers, and losing TC credibility.

You only have "a right to know if" it includes you, as there is nothing you can do about it to pre book these seats on the outbound!! Knowing the criteria does not mean you can tweak your booking to be included in there.......

EG. If I flew ECONOMY to New York with BA, I don't give a monkey how their First Class cabin is allocated, it does not affect me.......if I got upgraded FOC then lovely.....

Sorry if that is harsh but a sort of example to mull over.... :think
But it does effect sunnaddict,

To get an upgrade from Economy to First is rarer than rocking horse droppings and not something we can control, pretty much only if you've on an overbooked seat, a very loyal BA customer with their top loyalty card and then you'd probably only get WT+ or Club at best. Thomas Cook have a criteria that means Economy customers get upgraded free of charge on every flight there is no reason why this doesn't effect every economy customer. Not every economy BA customer will be in a position to be upgraded to first based on how they book their seat. The way TCX are handling this, from what i've read seems very shambolic in my opinion and in all honest I hope Thomson don't follow suite, I have never read so many complaints and negative comments about premium seating from so many customers.
richards8610,

G-BYAW is up in NCL at the moment and should be your aircraft.

Have a great holiday :cheers :cry

Darren

Sunaddict wrote:

MikeBravo wrote

You only have "a right to know if" it includes you, as there is nothing you can do about it to pre book these seats on the outbound!! Knowing the criteria does not mean you can tweak your booking to be included in there.......

EG. If I flew ECONOMY to New York with BA, I don't give a monkey how their First Class cabin is allocated, it does not affect me.......if I got upgraded FOC then lovely.....

Sorry if that is harsh but a sort of example to mull over...

I'm not going to dignify that response with a reply!
........well let's hope that your holiday is of the 'grade' that would push you up to a Big Seat for your flight......you could be lucky!! :cheers
Perhaps its me being too simplistic but if Thomas Cook decided to stop premium why did they not take the premium seats out and replace them so all get the same seat.
qatarman wrote:
Perhaps its me being too simplistic but if Thomas Cook decided to stop premium why did they not take the premium seats out and replace them so all get the same seat.

they are in the winter
Dazbo,
Thanks for the reply its a real shame to see them slimming down on their long haul operations. I do look forward to flying on one of the ex-MYT's however.
Thanks
Zack
Hi daz

Sorry to be a pain again i have been looking at the in flight mag from your links to see what movies were on when we go to the dom rep in june but ca you tell me do they have any games on the ife same as thomsons do or will i hav t take my own.

thanks marg
xxmargxx,

No, they don't have any games on the IFE as it's an older generation system. It's movies, radio, map and outside camera.

Darren
Hi,

I am taking a colleague tp Norwich airport today for a flight to Dalaman Turkey.

Apparently TCX9509 is delayed but I've heard they are flying another plane in for the outward journey from Gatwick TCX298P.

Is this correct?
ianuk74,

Quite possibly if there's a technical issue and a spare aircraft available. P is the suffix for a positioning flight. They'll need to check-in at the designated time for the original flight all the same though.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo.

I don't suppose you know what plane it will be? Anything out of the ordinary?
ianuk74,

It'll be the same as for the original flight.

Darren
Mike Bravo,
Did Thomas Cook do a market survey to decide to remove the Premium cabin ?? As it seems Thomson Airways are still going to carry on as are Virgin???
I know a massive research project was done.
It was not a decision taken lightly.

The fact you mention Virgin is good because for example, a TCX passenger in PREM going long haul will be charged the same APD as a Virgin passneger in First Class going to Las Vegas (and a BA passneger going to Australia)! Fist class to Las Vegas is a heck of a lot more to buy than a TCX upgrade (can be in thousands of pounds)so the cost (approx 150quid on top) can be soaked up more in the ticket price of a scheduled airline.

An upgrade with TCX was 150pounds one way, so with APD it was going to be approx 300pounds each way

TCX felt that the type of passenger they target (coupled with long haul bookings dropping) they would not pay this.

Thomson, I have heard, may not be correct, are tied in to providing PREM with their new 787s, also their long haul destinations are different (some) so maybe they are soaking up the cost within the bookings.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.