Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
That's terrible, wish I hadn't booked with them now. Shouldn't they let their customer's know!!!!
Do you know why they have withdrawn the PSP's when they were charging for them anyway.

Andyjardo
andyjardo,

Details here from a cabin crew member. It's just the way of the world I'm afraid. With low cost airlines, others have to keep prices down to compete with them which means things like IFE have to go. Thomson Airways are expected to follow suit from the end of the summer season.

Darren
Thanks for all the info Darren, I must say, it's taken the shine off the travel side of things
andyjardo,

Just look out of the window, some of the views can be amazing and better than some of the films anyway!

Darren
morning! Cuba tomorrow!

i appologise i dont have my flight number to hand, its the MAN-CCC tomorrow. Could you tell me what the reg is and if it went to florida or cube before hand! im so excited! :) apparently the lounge is booked up so atleast the runway bar is doing 2for1 on wine!

cheers in advance!

claire
fairypants,

Your aircraft is heading for Holguin today (TCX244/5) then operating your flight to Cayo Coco (TCX174/5) tomorrow. I won't know the registration until it departs today, but G-MDBD is likely. It makes little difference as they are all the same inside (ex-MYT A332).

EDIT: confirmed, it's G-MDBD. Have a great holiday, don't forget to have a mojito for us all :cheers :sun2

Darren
Not sure if my previous post was missed.

Can anyone tell me what flight my plane will operate prior to the TCX 2216 MAN - LPA on 04.07.11. Also would it be beneficial to check in online? or just to go to the airport as normal seen as we both have luggage?

Thanks

Pete
peterb1203,

I'll check on aircraft movement when I'm back later, I'm mobile at the moment. As for checkin, it depends what time your flight departs and what you prefer. Given you still need to check luggage it, it might not be a time saver checking-in online, but it's whatever you prefer really.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

We fly at 08.00am so dont think itll be too busy. my dads taking us down and has to be back in Sheffield for work at 7 so will be there really early anyway so think we'll just check in the normal way i don't think it'll be too busy at that time in the morning? =D
peterb1203,

Your flight is the first out that morning so there's nothing immediately before it, it night-stops. If you're at the airport before 6am, it shouldn't be busy so checking-in online or at the airport shouldn't make a lot of difference in terms of queue sizes at check-in. It might be different at security though so I'd go straight through before the rush appears!

Darren
Hi Darren

Further to andyjardo's enquiry about psp's. A TC staff member has just posted on their forum, that the airline has confirmed they are still available for hire on short haul!!
Struggling to work out who to believe at TC these days.
On the PSP being removed from the flights it seems this was done about the time Sony Playstations were hacked?????? But next they will be charing a surtax if you are using your own entertaintment system??????.
Hey. I was wondering if you could tell me what aircraft Thomas Cook usually send to Sharm El Sheikh from London Gatwick both in the winter season and ummer season?

I would usually fly with Thomson but im bored of 757s :tongue

jackd166,

There are several flights so I'd need a flight number to comment on specific ones. It's normally Boeing 757-200, odd ones the 767-300/ER. You might be bored with the 752, but they're excellent airframes.

Darren
Hi have Thomas cook re configured their 757- 200. booked exit seats 11 D and E Newcastle to dalaman 23/09/11 the plane was the standard configuration back in march, have just had a look again and the plane configuration has now changed 233 seats 41 rows, toilets 1 front, 1 where exit seats 11 B and C was and 2 in the rear. Same seating chart for the return on the 7/10.11
lostsoul,

TCX haven't reconfigured their own 752's, no. However, some flights are being operated by Astraeus on subcharter. Are you on the TCX6566/7? If so, the difference is due to the change of aircraft.

Darren
newbie here but hope i might be able to get the correct answer

i am flying to varadero in july, in the past have always gone premium but now these are not available does anybody know how these seats are allocated. i have been told that they will be given away on the outbound flight to any body but on the homeward bound leg that they will be sold as extra legroom

can anybody confirm this, reason i ask is i booked your seat your choice as an alternative

also am i right to say the ife will still be available on this flight
thanks in advace

On the PSP being removed from the flights it seems this was done about the time Sony Playstations were hacked?????? But next they will be charing a surtax if you are using your own entertaintment system??????.

It wouldn't matter anyway because they are running a custom firmware and software and are not internet or PSN connected.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.