Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sunaddict,

APD isn't static across all flights. There are 4 bands of tax depending on the distance being flown. This is linked to the amount of carbon produced on the flight, ie the longer you fly, the greater fuel / carbon emitted, the more you pay. The tax bands are as follows:

Band A - 0 - 2,000 miles: £12 / £24
Band B - 2,001 - 4,000 miles: £60 / £120
Band C - 4,001 - 6,000 miles: £75 / £150
Band D - 6,0001+ miles: £85/ £170

The reduced rate (first figure) is applied to the lowest fare available, ie economy. The standard rate (second figure) is applied to all other classes; premium economy, business and first. As long haul flights fall in to Band C, the tax is therefore £75 in economy, and £150 in premium.

Darren
Hi Darren
Yes, I am aware of the differences and aware that the standard rate has been £150 for Band C flights since Nov 2010. Between Nov 2009 to Oct 2010, the Band C standard rate was £100, so an increase of £50 last year.
I was asking why Mike Bravo had said that the premium cabin costs would have increased from £150 each way to £300 each way, when the APD increase was only £50 on flights leaving the UK?

I know I'm being a pain in the proverbial, but I was curious to know.
No idea.......this is just common info to those in the trade - the figures that have been banded around.
Mike Bravo

Thanks. I know I'm a pain. My friend calls me her pet rottweiler :yikes 'cos when I get my teeth into something I don't let go very easily :rofl
No not at all.......
And this APD thing goes over my head.....!
Darren,

Is it too early for you to tell me what flight my plane operates before my flight-
TCX 2216 Man - LPA 04.07.11?

Thanks

Peter
How many of Thomas Cooks fleet of 757s have been fitted with Winglets??
2.....just the 2 757-300s.

The others will not be done as they are going to be phased out to make way for the new Airbus narrow body fleet. Would not make the money back in time
I am trying for the past 3days to book Priority Check in (Manchester airport) on Thomas Cook Airlines web site i can get as far as Choice of seats but nothing else this must be the worst Airline web site ever,cannot enter API either anyone else having the same problems with this excuse for a web site..
qatarman wrote:
I am trying for the past 3days to book Priority Check in (Manchester airport) on Thomas Cook Airlines web site i can get as far as Choice of seats but nothing else this must be the worst Airline web site ever,cannot enter API either anyone else having the same problems with this excuse for a web site..

I too am trying to do the API, cant get any further and I work for them.. we've repeatedly told them it needs a serious upgrade, but you know, we're the worker bees and all that!

It does say above it that for all other destinations than spain/portugal and turkey i think, the API will be collected at the airport... if that changes it for you at all..

Sorry cant help with the priority check in though.
Thank you for your reply,i will try the priority check in on the phone i think i have a spare 2/3hrs to sit and listen that my call is valuable to them sure that they all get a cut from BT.
sorry to say, but i had no trouble to book seats, API and p/check in.
But here is how did it. get hold of your online or shop booking ref,,, HAS TO START with a letter then numbers , NOT YOUR ONLINE HOLIDAY BUT BOOKING you will see tne differance ,the one you do not use is two blocks of numbers and no letters
ie 1234-567890
Then go to thomascook airlines web site and not thomas cook holidays and go through ,,,,,, chose your seat.
whatever, you do stay with it on the airline web page you will achive what you want
from the 90 days before you depart
asthe THOMAS COOK AIRWAYS TAKE OVER YOU FLIGHT NEEDS...... DO NOT go on this site till 90 days if you go ahead of the 90 you will be refused
This is what i did to get it to take priority check in. Went on the web site at 4AM this morning and yes i did manage to book and pay!!!!!!.
API will be later nearer the time we travel. Difference is we booked our holiday with Thomsons and it was supposed to be a Thomson Airways flight which they changed to Thomas Cook.
Hi, could anybody please tell me which aircraft I will be traveling on when I fly to Hurghada Egypt on 26th July, from East Midland Airport (Flight number TCX5632)

Thanks in advance.
andyjardo,

EMA-HRG-EMA (TCX5632/3) are operated by an Airbus A321-200 (G-TCDA currently). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren your a star, would you know what the movies are on the PSP you can hire?
andyjardo,

The PSP's are no longer available for hire, they were withdrawn last month.

Darren
Hi Darren, does that mean that there is no inflight entertainment at all?

Andyjardo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.