Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
we fly on 2nd october to sharm with TC and I have just checked regarding your seat your choice, as we too only paid for the 7 days before to chose your seats. I did check a few weeks ago and there was a charge, however today I have logged on and it has let me prebook my seats with no charge. Flights are TCX657K/TCS657L - also showing 2-4-2 where as when I checked previously it was 3-3-3. :cheers
Just to confirm PSP's are not available on the B767 as entertainment is provided on all flights
Hi Sutty939
We fly to Orlando on Friday and it wants to charge 4 of us £80 to pre-book seats, i thought we paid as well, will check the invoice!

Thanks
manc
Might be wrong on this as it is very confusing :duh
It looks like if you have paid for YSYC you can now pre-book seats up to 3 months with nothing more to pay.
If you haven't paid you can pre-book £15pp short haul and £20.00 pp long haul.
Hi

I'm hoping you can help. We fly from MAN to SFB on 11th September, returning on 25th September. Our flights are TCX473K/L.

Are you able to tell us what aircraft we will be on? From the stats I've seen, so far this summer it seems to be the old MYT A330-200 birds that are being used. Is this the case for the whole summer? I flew to SFB witn MYT some years ago and loved the in flight cameras. They really passed the time when i wasn't watching a film.

Talking of films, can you confirm that there will be IFE in the aircraft flying to SFB at that point - I've seen a lot of conflicting info between here and other forums on IFE on TCX long haul to the US.

Thanks!!
Sorry - I've reposted this since I'd put it on the Thomas Cook thread - not the airline thread.
I guess the flight experts on HT work here mainly. Apologies

I've had an email from Direct Holidays telling me that TCX2472 / TCX2473 Manchester/Banjul Wednesday day flights this winter are now cancelled. I'd booked for 13th April 2011 - and they tell me they aim to move me to the Saturday night flights several days later.
(which isn't acceptable to me)
However I've just checked Thomas Cook and Direct Holidays websites - and they are still accepting bookings for the Wednesday flights. Does anyone know what T.Cook really are doing with this??
Are the flights REALLY cancelled?
( I don'twant to spend 10p a minute listening to bad musin waiting for someone to answer the 0871 phone line)
Here's a link that may explain the new 'your seat your choice' pricing charges.

As far as I know it is up to date. My sister booked a short haul last night and was charged £5 per person per flight.

http://book.flythomascook.com/charges-and-fees/
sutty939,

TCX657K/L are showing as a Boeing 767-31K/ER so 2-4-2.

Darren
wantonnoodle,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-SFB-MAN (TCX473K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200 in the former My Travel long haul configuration. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seat back IFE is available on these flights. It's the same aircraft you're travelled on previously, but more 3" greater seat pitch. The conflicting information you may have seen was due to aircraft maintenance recently where short haul configured aircraft were used on cover long haul flights.

Darren
HI Darren....decided would book my seats so we dont land up in the 4 middle seats....without a window...but cant decide which ones to book....which rows are the best on a b767....want to book 2 sets of 2 0n right hand side.... rows 9, 10 11 are available and 33 then back to the 40.s...tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

It's all down to personal preference really. Would you prefer to be sat near the front or the rear? Row 11 at the front won't have a window so you're better of with 9 and 10 if you choose up front. The seats in the rear cabin are much of a muchness so again, it's whatever you prefer. I wouldn't go too far back though so you're close to the galley and toilets as it can be a little noisey with people queuing in the isles.

Darren
Hello

Wonder if someone can help me

We are flying Man-Cun 2/8/2010 on TCX234k and return Cun-Man on 16/8/2010 on TCX 234L. Today the flight departed manchester 234K but returns to Glasgow tomorrow 234L. Can anyone let me know if thomas cook have made a flight change without informing us or is there a simple explanation.
We have booked premium seats and just wondering if it is going to be one of TC normal long haul configeration planes.

Cheers
thanks for the speedy reply Darren.....had the booking screen up but was worried incase I chose a row without windows....should have asked first ....wasnt till I had to choose that I had this little dickie bird on my shoulder telling me to check things out ...as was past posts about some rows not having a window...glad I did....have now booked rows 9 and 10......wouldnt have bothered if it was a A320....but with it being the B767 and there being 4 of us thought there was a big chance they would put us all together in the centre row....the lads used to argue about who had the window seat when yhey seated us together on the rows of 3...so they had an agreement that one had it going the other coming back....the youngest wouldnt have been happy with no window both ways....this way both can have one both ways :tup .....

I got 2 confirmation emails with seat details ect on ....is this usual ?
Do I print copies and take them to the check in ?
Now Ive booked my seats does it mean I can check in on line ?
If so ...is the bag drop near the check in desks at T1...what happens....how do the cases get the barcodes on ect....
Can I check in for inbound flight at same time....as Im on a package how will it work coming back...as coach picks you up with a rep and you all go through together
Im getting brave and thinking of doing it ...but havent got a clue how to go about it

tweetie
hi all.....this booking your seat stuff is confusing.....I never did the your seat your choice thing when I booked my package holiday....atleaste not that I am aware of....and my ticket booklet came a few weeks ago and it said " you have not booked any seats together" .......I went on the site tonight and booked seats for 4 of us ...£15 each return ...(we fly on monday)...recieved my confirmation email....stating I had bought seats and listing the seat numbers ect.............then thinking about trying the online check in I got my ticket book to see if it explained things.........

it says quote ....If youve selected seats together/ your seat your choice when you made your booking, then you can use our online booking service. You can choose your seats online and check in upto 7 days before departure. ..unqote.....I just went on and chose book extras ....was asked to login with name and flight number...got told API had already been done...chose to continue....asked to choose if meals wanted ...clicked on no....it then took me to screen with aircraft seating plan....our names already listed ready to choose.....so I did and continued past the offer of champagne ect ...to check out and paid......

I have now read through the page in the ticket book about booking your seats ect....the very last sentence says ...quote ...Any prebookable options or requests can be booked no later than 7 days prior to departure...unquote....but thought you couldnt book your seats earlier than 7 days before

We fly out early next monday morning the 19th....I have booked these seats tonight monday the 12th only hours ago ....it would have been 7 days this morning at 7am....so 12 hrs late.....but they let me book ...took payment ...and sent comfirmation email.....so have I done a boo boo....or am I OK.....tweetie
Hi all,

I am going to Florida in a couple of weeks, flying out with Thomas cook on Flight TXC8080K on the 1st August 2010

can anyone help me as to the seating configuration and actual flight times??

Wen i originally booked it was at 9:50 flight time - now it is at 11:10am (will this affect the car hire at Sanford?)

I've pre-booked my seats (getting the 2-3-2 seats at the rear of the plane) - travelling with 7 in total :) - is this the right configuration of the airplane?

tia

peter x
pchappo,

Welcome onboard :tup
Are you sure your flight numbers aren't TCX080K/L? LGW-SFB-LGW (TCX080K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-300 (OY-VKI). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). This aircraft is in a short haul configuration with 29" seat pitch and no seat back IFE. It is a change from the usual long haul Airbus A330-200. Flight times are showing as departing LGW at 11:05, arriving in SFB at 15:40. This'll be confirmed when you get your tickets. It should effect car hire as it's only a minor alteration.

Darren
TWEETIE PIE,

Your details are held electronically so there's no need to print everything and take it with you. However you might want to take a copy of confirmations just in case you need it. Online check-in details are on Thomas Cooks website. You should be able to use it. baggage drop off in bythe TCX desks in the far left corner of the check-in area. Online check-in won't be available for you on the inbound flight. You'll have to check-in as normal for that one.

Darren
Tweetie Pie
Don't worry too much its normal for seat booking for. Monday flight to go up to the wed/thurs sometimes also bag drop is desk 1 just before Canadian affair check in
hi.....thanks for replies....never done this before so got a head full of worries....is the bag drop just for thomascooks customers....is it all automated or is there someone from thomascook there.....how do the cases get the barcoding they need on them.....we are 4 on same booking ...so cases go by combined weight 4 x 20kgs.....do they get weighed ...what if one case is over but another is under....will it be the same as going via normal check in and the combined weight of the 4 cases.......worried incase there is more risk of cases going missing........also on reading the ticket book it lists the airports you can do online check in....MAN is not listed....but it does say more being added....so is there definately the online check in for thomascook at MAN airport now......tweetie

ps.....as Ive booked my seats do I get the online check in as part of the price.....or do I have to pay £15 each on top for the online check in....its not clear ...when they are advertising on site to get you to book your seats they say quote...If you've selected Seats together/Your Seat Your Choice as part of your booking:

You can choose your seats online and check-in up to seven days before departure.** unquote

But it says else where ....priority check in £15 per person

So now I have booked my seats will I be charged extra to check in online
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.