Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jackmax,

The aircraft operating NCL-FUE-NCL (TCX6334/5) will position in to operate the flight about an hour before the departure, or night stop from the previous day so doesn't have a particular flight immediately before it,

Darren
Thanks for the reply Darren,was just wondering about the chances of the in bound to Newcastle being late before we depart
Going on this flight today 16/02

Which is the flight previous to this please.

Sorry for the short notice
AlanSinfield,

It's a little short notice Alan, you might have gone before I posted!! It should be the aircraft coming in from Geneva (TCX2115). It's expected 40 minutes late at the moment if that's why you're wondering but some of this should be made up on the turn-around.

Have a safe flight,

Darren
I'd love to know how you get this info, i can't seem to find half the stuff through my online searching.

Hopefully you could tell me not only the airplane type but also under which brand the flight is running (i've come across a few different answers, hopefully it's just Thomas Cook)

TCX2156 Manchester to Lanarca 11/08/2013
TCX2109 Lanarca to manchester 21/08/2012

Thanks
ringmaster411,

MAN-LCA-MAN (TCX2156/2109) are operated by Boeing 757-200 (Thomas Cook Airlines). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

Help again please. We are looking at TCX2142 / 2143 MAN to FUE return for 28 August out and 4 September return as part of a package, or TCX2014 / 2015 31 Aug return 7 Sept. Do you know what plane they will be. Have had some bad experiences with TCX and have gone on TOM in recent years.

Thanks for your help
Malchester,

MAN-FUE-MAN (TCX2142/3 / TCX2014/5) are operated by Boeing 757-200 / Airbus A320-200 respectively.

Darren
Hi Darren again.

Just looked on seat plans. It shows 757 as 32" seat pitch and A320 as 28" seat pitch. Is this right?
Malchester,

Which seat plan(s) did you look at? Seat pitch on the 757 and A320 are the same (28"). The exception are the long haul 757's that have less seats and therefore greater seat pitch. You may have looked at the wrong one. All the seat plans are linked from out What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren

Seatplans.com where it shows 757-200 as 32"
Malchester,

That's the long haul version (187 seats) of the 757 when they are used to Canada. The regular short haul configuration is 28" (235 seats).

Darren
Right, I've been on the Thomas Cook community forum and they appear to be dancing around my question, I really hope someone on here can put my mind at rest.

My mum and I are going back to Cuba in August. We've heard that premium service is being re introduced with a 25kg luggage allowance, premium both ways and priority check in etc.... we booked premium inbound back in September when we booked the holiday.

So we went to the travel agents the other day to ask if we could upgrade to the all over premium service. She phoned the airline and they said they weren't available for our flight yet but to keep checking. She said she'll keep getting onto them on our behalf.

If we pre book our seat numbers in May (when the 90 day window to select services opens) and pay £20pp for the privilege and premium becomes available at this time, we won't get our £20 back nor will they knock it off the price of the upgrade. Fair enough I guess....

My concern is...... if they're selling the premium service within the 90 day window (which the community forum staff have pretty much said) and they get a cabin full of people upgrading then will we lose our home bound upgrade? We're going to have to make a decision as to whether we want to risk being separated and not pre book our seats, holding out for the upgrade to be available or cutting our losses and booking in economy which we don't want
I'm not sure why you think you might lose them? If you've booked the premium seats as extra legroom for the inbound, they won't be on the system as available for anyone else to book.
Thanks :) just if the full upgrade becomes available then the premium inbound is part of the package.

Glad to know I'm sounding ridiculous because it made sense in my head ;)
The full package may not become available. It isn't on other routes yet. You book the outbound premium upgrade and then you still have to pay separately to book the inbound, and the only inbound perk you get is the extra luggage allowance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.