Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Dcoops,

A330's are used on some high density short haul routes in the summer season in a short haul configuration.

Darren
Hello. Do you know what aircraft will be used for the TCX2364 MAN-SZG on 5th January. Thanks..
darbyrw,

MAN-SZG-MAN (TCX2364/5) is operated by Airbus A320-200.

Darren
Hi i have just booked a thomas cook flight no tcx168, to Sanford on the 5th April 2013
can anyone tell me if this aircraft has seat back tvs and what is the legroom. Where is the best seats please
And what kind of Aircraft is it

Flight return number is TCX 743.

Thanks Sharon
sharond1411,

Welcome onboard :tup
Flights to Orlando Sanford (TCX168/743) are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including links to aircraft and cabin photos (click on the aircraft type), seat plans and lots more. There are no 'best' seats as this is personal preference. All seats have the same basic facilities, other than extra legroom so it's whether you prefer a seat by the window, isle, centre, front or rear.

Darren
thanks Darren, do you know if the legroom on the A330-200 have 33 inch legroom. And seat back tvs

thanks sharon
sharond1411,

All the information you're looking for is on our What Aircraft? guide as I mentioned above. Long haul A330-200's have 33" seat pitch in economy and seat back IFE throughout.

Darren
Hi Darren was wondering if you could maybe help me with this query, i am due to go to Lanzarote with thomas cook (tcx3122) from Glasgow,from 25/11/2012 returning 09/12/12 on tcx3123, however i noticed today the flight from Glasgow left at 7am and is not due to return there. I was just keeping an eye on the flight times etc for when we go, but what i did notice is that the return flight is going to London Gatwick (tcx3123).

I know from my sister in law that a flight that they are booked onto going to turkey with thomas cook on the 22/12/2012 returing on 29/12/12 from Glasgow is now stoppping at Manchester , it leaves Glasgow at 9am then heads to Manchester and picks passengers then onto Turkey and does the same on the way back. I maybe just clutching at straws here but do you think they are doing the same with the Lanzarote flights and not informing us to we check in?
kazaa,

It's the first flight out of the winter season. As it's the first flight, there are no passengers to bring back so it's operating a different route or ferrying back empty. It's not unusual for this to happen at the beginning and end of holiday seasons.

Darren
Hi darren thanks for getting back so quick, i thought maybe that was the reason, just wasnt sure if it was the same thing happening as the turkey flights low demand and lots of empty seats to fill, i take it will be the usual aircraft operating this route?
kazaa,

It's the usual aircraft, yes (Boeing 757-200).

Darren
can anybody confirm which type of aircraft if used for the Manchester to Tenerife South flights TCX 2038 & TCX 4246 both flying on 28/12/12

cheers
james 84,

MAN-TFS (TCX2038 / 4246) are operated by Boeing 757-200 so it makes little difference which one you choose if you were thinking one might be better than the other.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
james 84,

MAN-TFS (TCX2038 / 4246) are operated by Boeing 757-200 so it makes little difference which one you choose if you were thinking one might be better than the other.

Darren

cheers for the quick response Darren. Quick question. These two flights are showing as departing five minutes apart 9.10am and 9.15am, why would they put two flights on from the same airport on the same day so close to each other?

i'm just curious?

cheers
james 84,

In a word, capacity. If there's demand for 450 seats, it needs 2 aircraft.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
james 84,

In a word, capacity. If there's demand for 450 seats, it needs 2 aircraft.

Darren

so if these 2 flight sell out (they are both only showing a few seats left) will they put another aircraft on? or would they ever change the aircraft?
james 84,

Aircraft schedules are put together many months in advanced based on demand projections and operational needs. If those flights sell out, there'll be no more seats as they don't have aircraft lying around and don't have larger aircraft they can use as they're operating other routes.

Darren
Can anybody shed any light on the situation I find myself in with trying to book a Thomas Cook flight from Manchester to Holguin, Cuba, for March 2013? Holguin is not showing up on their system at all after December as far as I can tell and I have now been told 3 different reasons why!

1). 'We aren't flying to Cuba next year' but I know people who are booked to fly out with TC from Manchester on the 13th March and they haven't been told that their flight is cancelled and have been assured by TC customer service when they have checked that their flight is still taking place.

2). 'We are changing our systems and the Cuba flights haven't been loaded into it yet. You should be able to book in another 2 weeks.' This was a month ago and they still aren't there in the system!

3). 'We can't make flight only bookings to Cuba more than 90 days in advance because of Cuban government regulations.' News to me - in 7 years of travelling to Cuba I've been able to book more than 90 days in advance before without any problem and when I point out that I have friends who booked months ago onto that particular flight that I now want to book I'm met with silence.

While it would surprise me to find that this particular flight (and the return flight on the 27th) are fully booked this far in advance, when I ring up yet again to try and find out why it and every other flight to Holguin next year is 'unavailable' they won't confirm that this is because the flights are fully booked either. I can still easily get a Thomson flight from Gatwick and if the TC flights from Manchester R fully booked then I will book the Gatwick flight with Thomson. But that flies out on the 12th which means that the transfer from Holguin to Santiago de Cuba will be expensive because I won't be able to share the minibus transfer with others going on the same dance trip who being met off the Manchester flight the following day and the same wil apply on the return transfer.

If there is still a chance of getting on the Thomas Cook flights from and to Manchester I would give it a bit longer but don't want to take the risk of leaving it too late and not getting a flight with Thomson from Gatwick on the 12th. Can anybody out there in the industry shed any light on this for me?

SM
SMa

A similar question (flights to Cayo Coco) was asked on the TC support forum. The answer by a staff member was "Fly Thomas Cook no longer offer flight only reservations to Cuba.".
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.