Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sorry to trouble you people but i am looking to go to Cancun with Thomas Cook next summer could you tell me the legroom and which plane im likely to be travelling on thanks in advance for your helpful replies as always
Hello, can you tell me what plane we will be travelling in on Friday, we are flying from Newcastle to Corfu at 7.20am on TCX6246, the email said it will be Thomas cook or smartlynx. I've never heard of smartlynx? Many thanks for your help. Alison
Be aware that TC have increased their charge for a "complete name change" from £35 to £100 from 11 September. However it has been reported that people have been charged the full amount to correct a typing error.

Remember to check your booking / e-ticket as soon as you get it.
luci HT Mod wrote:
Be aware that TC have increased their charge for a "complete name change" from £35 to £100 from 11 September. However it has been reported that people have been charged the full amount to correct a typing error.

Remember to check your booking / e-ticket as soon as you get it.

I'd have charged them more than that for not recognizing that their own name was spelt incorrectly, before they got to check in! It could have been worse. They could have refused to let them fly if they didn't buy a new ticket!
The passenger was refunded.
Please can someone help? We are flying early tomorrow morning and have checked in online, after checkling in online for the outbound journey, I realised we can't check in yet for the return journey as check in opens 7 days before travel. I can't get access to a printer when away. Can I check in the normal way for the return part? Many thanks for your help. Alison
Hi Alison I wasn't sure about this so have checked TC website and it appears that you can only check in one way? I'm reading it that you check in as normal on the return leg?

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/entries/20801437-how-do-i-check-in-online
flash7650,

Thomas Cook use Airbus A330-200 on long haul. Seat pitch is 33" in economy. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hann8469,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-BUJ-BHX are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Can you please tell me what Plane TCX2416 flying from Manchester to Kos at 9pm tonight is please
zante2012,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-KGS-MAN (TCX2416/7) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

first time poster.

I have booked cruise for myself , wife and 85 year old mum to celebrate her birthday.
We are flying Manchester to Barbados and return.

We are booked on a Thomas Cook flight.

When I asked about upgrades I was told that none are available but we could transfer at no cost to a Thomson flight and pay £249 for an upgrade.

This appears to give speedy check in , free drinks , meal upgrade and more legroom.

Can you please advise on the merits of the 2 airlines and whether the upgrade is worth it . Can I for instance just pay for seats with extra legroom ?

Thanks in advance
miles davis,

Welcome onboad :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information for the two airlines on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Thomas cook use Airbus A330-200, Thomson Airways Boeing 767-300/ER. The economy sections are both very similar with the same seat pitch. However the seats on Thomas Cook are marginally narrower and the seat back IFE is an older design with smaller screens. The IFE system with Thomson gives a bigger screen. TCX have external flight camera fitted though that are excellent when coming in to land. If you want premium economy, you'll have no choice to go with Thomson as Thomas Cook no longer offer this. Premium economy is nice if you want 3 - 4 inches of extra seat pitch, a little extra luggage allowance (3kg) etc. Bear in mind drinks aren't free, they are complimentory. You've paid for them in the price of the upgrade. It's personal prefernece really. If all you want is extra legroom, there are extra legroom seats availalbe on both aircraft what will give you as much room, and in some cases more than the premium cabin but at muchless cost. Have a look through our What Aircraft? guide (link below) where you'll find loads of information including aircraft and cabin photo as well as seat plans. Seating is always personal preference. There are no 'best' seats, it's just what you prefer.

Darren
Is there any way I can tell from the Thomas Cook package holiday website if I will be on a Thomas Cook plane or a Monach Plane or an Easyjet plane please ?

Doe
Doe,

It'll normally tell you who the flights are with on the flight section when you go through the booking process.

Darren
Thanks Darren :tup I must have missed it, I was looking at flights on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays ex gatwick and am thinking TC dont fly to the red sea on Sundays, but know I have been with Cosmos/Monarch in the past. May have got that wrong though. I will scour the site.

Doe :sun2
Hiya going Manchester to Antalya next summer, TC e ticket says aircraft is A330, will this be right as I thought this was for long haul only.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.