Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Online check in is available as long as you have paid for your seat your choice, so you already have seat numbers allocated.
steeveej,

Your flights are operated by a Boeing 757-200. Online check-in details are available on Thomas Cooks website.

Darren
We're flying in March next year to Lanzarote on A321-200. Is there really going to be no IFE? I think a 4 hour flight without any IFE whatsoever is ridiculous. Our holiday wasn't exactly budget, either. With Thomson, it's fair to say that the past 3/4 times we have gone abroad, we have been spoiled because we have had IFE via seat back screens (even though we only went short haul) so to go from that to no IFE at all, gah!
jadeyrawrr,

Aircraft information is available on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). IFE was stopped on narrow bodied aircraft in May this year. Hand held players (PSP's) with various movies, tv programmes and games are available for hire at £7.50 per flight.

Darren
Can you tell me why they stopped the IFE and brought in the PSP's?

Assuming I'm allowed to use my iPhone in aircraft mode, I'll just use that instead, but thanks for the info :)
jadeyrawrr,

It a word, cost. It's quite expensive to purchase the movies and TCX are reported as saying there was a lack of demand for IFE on the shorter flight. I don't actually beleive that, and it's just down to costs. Mobile phones aren't permitted inflight, flight safe mode or not, once the doors are closed and shouldn't be switched back on until disembarking. You're fine with a non-mobile phone based mp3 player.

Darren
hi, 8 of us off to hurghada from birmingham on 17th december `9.05 am flight tcx 525k have you any idea of which type of aircraft and seat configuration we will have.
thanks in advance
tracy
tracy37,

BHX-HRG-BHX (TCX525K/L) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
We are booked on a P&O cruise charter flight TCX20K on 14 February from Gatwick to Acapulco - can you tell me what type of plane it will be please? Thanks
nedbowler,

Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Many thanks Darren - your help is always most appreciated.
Hi Darren,

Noticed you mention you have noise cancelling headphones that you use on flights. I also dislike the airline supplied set and the same goes for iPod buds, as they let in so much engine noise and I'm looking at noise cancelling options or normal "on ear" closed back headphones that cut out most external noise .

Just wondered what set you use ?
Crockett,

I have a set of Panasonic RP-HT225 full size headphones that are pretty good, but they aren't noise cancelling. These are now my reserves. I use Tevion PH2101 noise cancelling headphones. They aren't expensive ones but do the trick and the fold in to a small travel pouch so perfect for going in hand luggage. You need a 2 pin adaprer for them but many come suppled with them.

Darren
Hi Darren,Do you know what type of plane Thomas Cook are using on their Gatwick -Hurghada route this winter. :que
We go on Friday December 3rd and although I said i wouldnt use Thomas Cook again,I just cant resist a bargain. :rofl
Jay Trip,

Do you know what the flight number is? TCX414K/L presumably? They're operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren,The flight number I have from agents is 719K and 719L.
I have had trouble trying to enter the API details as its saying this is not a recognised flight number :que
If its the flight number you are quoting maybe they have given me the wrong one!
Typical of Thomas Cook.
I will ring Thomas Cook airlines tomorrow to confirm the number.
Merseygull,The flights are both daytime flights so they wont have to wake me for the meals :rofl
I could not resist a bargain so will have to travel cattle class again.
I am surprised they let me book one of their holidays as it must be on my file about my complaints!
:whoops Sorry to have gone :offtop
Thanks Mike,I have managed to put the API details in tonight and they accepted 719K & 719L.
Pity its not a larger plane as 5 hours is a bit to long to be squashed :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.