Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Fergmeister

There was a technical problem with one of the engine temperature indications. Rather than carry on to DLM they went to MAN to have it checked out. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply to TCX35. However, I cannot find a reference to Airbus 300-200 in the Thomas Cook section. Did you mean Airbus 320-200 perhaps?
Thanks.
John
John Gibson wrote:
Did you mean Airbus 320-200 perhaps?

No, Airbus A330-200. It's under the long haul section of Thomas Cook on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Hi can anybody tell me what aircraft i am flying home on?/ its on the 12th nov from TFS -MAN TCX470L??
Jonouk1211,

MAN-TFS-MAN (TCX470K/L) should be a Boeing 767-300/ER, possibly a 757-200.

Darren
Does anyone know what type of airplanes these flights use please?
They are from Manchester to Sharm El Sheik and back again.
Many thanks :wave:
lewroll,

Welcome onboard ;tup

Please supply dates of travel when requesting aircraft information. TCX178K/703L will be operated by either Boeing 757-200 or 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Many thanks, flights leave 1st November and return 14th November - does that make a difference?
Will look at the link you suggested, :cheers
Just returned to Gatwick, from Cancun, today on TCX41L after departing on 12 October on TCX41K. We had Premium seats and we were disapointed at the penny pinching TC have engaged in.

OK, we know that from May 1, this section will no longer exist but at the moment, apart from larger seats, priority book-in and silver plastic cutlery, what else do you get?

Last time we travelled Premium you could get drinks all through the flight but, this time, on the outward leg (10.5 hrs) there were only three drinks services and, you were allowed only one drink each time.
pizzajohn wrote:
Just returned to Gatwick, from Cancun, today on TCX41L after departing on 12 October on TCX41K. We had Premium seats and we were disapointed at the penny pinching TC have engaged in.

OK, we know that from May 1, this section will no longer exist but at the moment, apart from larger seats, priority book-in and silver plastic cutlery, what else do you get?

.....choice of meal, pre flight drinks, more choice of films (on some aircraft), magazines, newspapers, priority boarding, priority loaded luggage, more luggage allowance (30kgs)....

If you drank the plane dry on the outward, there would be no drinks for the inbound passengers, so yes you need to be rationed of sorts..........is there really a need to drink heavily on a flight??, it affects you 3 x more than on the ground!! :think
It's not that we are heavy drinkers but our complaint was that last year, if you wanted you could drink when you wished - much as you can on say, Virgin Atlantic flights - but this year there were restrictions. :(

I don't buy the "there won't be drinks for the return flight" because on the return flight others drank the night away :cheers and, last year, there was no restriction. :tup

So what reason, other than penny pinching :rage , can explain the need to restrict the service but, charge the same for that service? :que
......lazy crew??

It is down to them how they give out the drinks
Ah, now, that may well be the answer. As I recall, none of the premium cabin crew on the outbound flight seemed cheerful whereas, the inbound crew, especially the cheif steward, were positively buzzing.

John
What exactly dont you buy about there not being enough drinks for the inbound flight?
Its simple mathematics. If 354 passengers (45-49 premium) drank what they liked during a flight, there isn't enough space to keep more for the way home.
Do you think the crew did it on purpose to make your flight awful? Did you go to the galley and ask for extra drinks? Because you can you know, they don't bite.
MikeBravo was correct with the effects of alcohol being 3 times as much as on the ground, and it is completely illegal to be drunk in the air, ttherefore the crew were being very cautious I imagine.
The free bar is not the only perk for premium passengers. Its a nicety, not a necessity. Now don't get me wrong, im as generous as the next with the onboard bar, but I don't understand the need to have 3 g&t's all at once, instead of just waiting for the next drinks to come through.
Plus you do get free pouring wine with the meal, so that's 4 drinks services, much more than on certain scheduled airlines I can assure you.
We are flying out with Thomas Cook on a chartered service by P&O cruises out to Barbados in January from manchester. We have upgraded to premium and have already been selected seats 1A and 1B.

Having done a bit of research on TCX I find that information is limited, so can anyone help.

- What kind of IFE is offered - is it on demand or a loop?
- Meals - how many choices and anything offered different in premium.

We usually fly scheduled (Virgin or BA) so don't really know what to expect with TCX.

Thanks in advance
carolynn,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft Guide (link below). IFE is looped on all aircraft apart from one (G-TCXA).

Darren
Is it too early to know where the Gatwick to Goa flight, departing on Friday 10th December will have flown in from?
Mobor One,

It is a little, yes. I won't be able to backtrack it unil the first couple have departed. Remind me in a couple of weeks and I'll take a look.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I'll ask again in a few weeks.

Have a good day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.