Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Post from DLMOOMIN
Hi

We returned from Cancun to Manchester on 4th October TCX234L and there was about a 5 hour delay. We were boarded on time then after 2 hours on the tarmac had to get off again, and only just managed to depart before the crew ran out of hours.

We had very little updates on why we were delayed just it was a simple fault and should only take 10 minutes to fix. Does anyone know what caused the delay?

We were also not given refreshment vouchers in Cancun, as per EU guidelines and the staff advised that TC would not agree these. Is this common place? They did give a free drink on the aircraft but this was only about 6 hours after the scheduled departure time.

Thanks

Moomin, the a/c as you know had a tech problem, initially a quick fix, this did not happen, the temperature as you know got very hot, so all passengers had to disembark. It looked like a certain lengthy delay, so hotels had actually been sourced for you to stay in, (hence no vouchers) and you were about to be transported to the hotels when the aircraft "came good". there was a mad rush to get you back on......You departed literally within 5 minutes to spare, due to crew hours, 5 mins longer and the flight would not have been able to depart.......
You actually pushed back 4hrs 14 mins late (recorded time and this is the officail departure time) so not 5 hrs late.

The time constraints meant giving vouchers could potentially delay the flight a further 16hrs (crew rest) if the flight had not taken off by the time you did. Giving vouchers meant passengers potentially wandering around looking to use them, for the sake of £3 was it really a necessity for you?

The hotel would have provided food if you had gone there.

All in all a good result in the nd, with you getting home a lot sooner than what looked like happening.
Anyone with knowledge of cabin crew training policy?
Or cabin crew experence?

This thread:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=148650

relates to a couple who paid for specific seats but when they boarded somebody else was sat in the seats and the crew didn't make them move.

I'm just interested if this is normal policy to allow this to happen.
Hi all

Earlier today my Daughter and her new Husband went on TCX 337K BHX to SSH.
Darren kindly said it was on a 757/200. Any idea what plane it was an d what plane they come back on when they return on Monday 18th on TCX 337L.

Thanks
roadrunner,

It's the same aircraft type on the return flight.

Darren
Darren

Thanks for the info but I meant did you know the reg number of the plane they went out on and will be coming back on.

Thanks
roadrunner,

Todays flight (TCX337K) was operated by Boeing 757-200 G-FCLB.

The flight next week will most probably be operated on a different aircraft and it is too early to know at the moment.

Gower
hey im going to holguin cuba tomorrow tcx073k i think im on a ex mytravel a330 but does anyone know the reg of the aircraft i wil be on?
:) thanks
What is the previous rotation of the aircraft that will operate the MAN-SFB (TCX44K) this Thursday?
HI

Me again.

I think you said that the flight before TCX043K Manchester to Las Vegas was Man to Sanford. But looking there doesn't seem to be such a flight? where will TCX043K come in from early tomorrow morning?

Thanks
Malchester,

Your aircraft should be operating TCX035K/L today, Glasgow-Puerto Plata-Glasgow, then positioning down to MAN in them morning to operate your flight. expect G-MLJL. Have a great holiday,

Darren
tomu,

Expect G-MDBD to be operating your flight tomorrow. Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Can you please tell me the type of aircraft operating:

TCX406k/ 22 Oct/MAN/AYT

Many thanks
paulygb,

Flight TCX406L is scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 767-300 aircraft.

More information on this aircraft type can be found on our what aircraft? thread (link in my signature)

Gower
Thanks Gower but I gave the wrong date it should be 21Oct. Is it the same on a Thursday?

Thanks
paulygb,

The same aircraft applies. My information was based on the flight code anyway and that only operates on a Thursday.

Gower
Can anyone advise me please

We have booked our flights to Sharm from Gatwick on 11.11.2010 TCX 627K and return on 25.11.2010 TCX 627L

I am travelling with my partner and 3 children 2 3 and 12 - I have been told there is no in flight entertainment ext is this true and if so any ideas to keep the kids happy......!!!!!!!!!!!arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also is it possible to get the buggy from plane rather than with the luggage as my 3 year old suffers from dysfraxia and in strange places can run trying to find safety but end up in a totally un safe situation - I have spoken to Thomas cook and they have made a note of this but just wondering if anyone had any experiences of this request - wwhen i mentioned it they said they would look at it as a medical condition for the flight - what does this mean??

Thanks
Ann
nutterscastle,

Assuming your flights are operated by a narrow bodied aircraft (Boeing 757-200), no IFE is available on your flight. You'll find further aircraft informatin on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Buggies are taken from the boarding gate when you embark the aircraft, but there's usually no way of getting them until you get to baggage reclain when after you disembark as they come from the aircrafts hold. You've done all you can and got a note on your booking so hopefully it will be picked up by the handling agents locally, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Darren
Hiya

You must get really bored answering the same questions from us who have not got a clue on planes, but can you tell me what sort of plane tcx48k flying out of Manchester on the 18/11 to Punta Cana will be and if it has IFE.

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.