Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Julmops wrote:
Hi Mike, that's what I thought ... So most of the passengers will be waiting for us in Manchester ... Figners crossed the weather clears up !

You will at the moment be on BD. But LGW is currently closed, hopefully by tomorrow morning, when your aircraft is due in, it will be cleared
MikeBravo,

Many thanks for the clarification.

I suppose when you are in Goa the last thing you are thinking about is snow.We were in fact on the Thomson tuesday flight returning to MAN and overheard the receptionist at our hotel the evening before our flight telling other guests about the TCX delay.

I jumped to the conclusion that it had gone technical not thinking about the weather back home.

My only excuse is I do not have access to the tools you gentlemen have at your disposal.I only wish.

Still teaches me to not jump to conclusions.

Regards

papa
Thanks Darren.

Sorry to be a pain but can you just clarify if the outbound flight starts in Manchester before picking us up in Gatwick and if so, where the aircraft is coming from previously. Looking at things down here today, I'm glad it's not today we're flying!

Regards,

TMW9725
TMW9725,

The flight originates in Gatwick then pops over to Manchester to pick remaining passengers up. It's a combined flight due to lower demand for long haul travel at the moment. The routing is LGW-MAN-POP-MAN-LGW (TCX048K/L). Unless a southern track across the Atlantic is used (not as often as northerly tracks, depending on jetstream position and traffic), MAN-LGW is going the wrong way! The inbound aircraft is normaly TCX128K/L to/from Cayo Coco, Cuba. Expect the aircraft to be an original TCX aircraft so no downstairs toilets.

The south of the country are having the problems we had in the north yesterday. I know it must be frustrating for those waiting to travel, but maintaining a runway and taxiways is way more intense than keeping roads clear. A runway must be 100% free of snow, ice and slush whereas it's acceptable to have patches on a road. Stopping a car weighing 1,500kg at 20mph is a little different than stopping an aircraft such as a 767-300/ER that weights upwards of 80,000kg travelling at 150mph!

Darren
Absolutely! I can fully appreciate the implications, I worked for BA briefly when I was a student in Paris (a distant memory now...!) and even a dusting of snow meant a knock on impact. I work in retail now and yes it's tough but nowhere near as interesting! Thanks for your info and keep up the great work.

Regards,

TMW9725
Hello

Im flying NCL-ACE tomorrow on flight TCX368, could you let me know where this plane is coming in from (so i can check delays etc)

Thanks in advance J
Think it better to check later in the day, there are TCX aircraft stranded around the UK at present, as cannot get into Gatwick. approx 8 planes, meaning 8 plane loads of passengers wanting to go on hols today from LGW looking like being delayed at least 24hrs.
Just look on the NCL website, it will be an inbound on there, hopefully
janienewcastle,

There isn't a flight before yours normally, it's the first one of the day. The aircraft comes in the previous evening and night stops. But as MikeBravo mentions, the weather is causing havoc at the moment so it could be any number of flights with ops teams getting passengers to/home destinations the best they can and minimising delays. Best to check the airort and airline websites for further information.

Darren
On my flight TCX461K from Manchester on 5th of May, it also as on the PDF I received from Direct Holidays about the booking,

"Thomas Cook Airlines B763" is this the type of aircraft, or does it relate to something else??

Ed.
edbanger,

B763 refers to the aircraft type; Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Janie Newcastle, your lfight has been subbed to Jet2 on time, due disruption in the Thomas cook fleet
Thanks Darren for the reply.

Where abouts is this.

You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).
edbanger wrote:
Where abouts is this.

It's on my signature below. It's easier having it their than pasting the link in 10 times a day! Click on the highlighed 'What Aircraft? guide' text, in blue on my screen.

Darren
Thanks again Darren, I had signatures turnded off. :whoops

I usually do this on most boards, then I don't need to see the junk that most people use as signatures.

Ed.
Hi

We are booked flight only on Thomas Cook TCX95K (Manchester - Goa) on 24/1 and the return being TCX95L (8th Feb)
On the confirmation/final invoice we have flight home departing home at 6.00 arr Manchester 11:15

Tickets have now arrived and state dep Goa at 7:00 arr

We then pre-booked seats and that confirmation shows 6:00!!

As flight only, we won't have any flight info on the boards in hotels etc - is it safe to assume that the dep time on the actual tickets would be the departure time and not that shown on the final invoice/pre-booked seat confirmation? Only an hour difference but getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning is huge!!
kippaxian ,

You'll probably have a sentance on your booking confirmation / e-ticket that it's advisable to re-confirm your flight 24 hours before your departure date. The number is 0871 230 2406. Personally, I don't bother as it's rare charter flights change at this stage of the season but for peace of mind and since you have conflicting information (always go off the information given on tickets), you might want to. The alternative is if you are staying near a hotel used by Thomas Cook, nip into reception the afternoon before your flight and check on the reps board. Don't worry about asking a Thomas Cook rep, they'll still assist as you are still a TCX customer.

Darren
Morning all,

I am due to fly to Puerto Plata this coming Monday, 11th Jan on TCX065K. Does anybody know what route this plane usually operates beforehand? I am keen to keep an eye on things with the current backlog at LGW and hope that this may help.

On another note flightstats.com had this weeks flight (4th Jan) listed as a Boeing 757 rather than an Airbus A330, could you confirm the accuracy of this?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Flipside300,

Welcome onboard :tup
The flight prior to TCX065K/L (LGW-Puerto Plata-LGW) is TCX087K/L (LGW-Cancun-LGW). However, due to aircraft and schedules being all over the place at the moment, this could change.

The flight on 4th January was operated by the usual Airbus A330-200 (G-MDBD). I don't know why flight stats would have it down as a 757-200. They don't have the capacity nor the range to make the Dom Rep non-stop. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.