Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren we are travelling to Santorini in August on TCX908k can you tell me which type of aircraft and what is the seat configuration.

Thanks Doz
Hi,
booked to go with TC LGW to SFB 200810 return 030910. TCX74K/L

I understand from another forum that this flight earlier in the year (June/July) goes via GLA. I deliberately booked a direct flight as son v scared of flying esp takeoff and landing. An extra take off and landing per flight is most unwelcome.

Can anyone please confirm that this touches down both ways, if at all.

If so - is it grounds to cancel ? It may be a deal-breaker for my son.
GGin,

Your Flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. And will be Direct flights.

That is to say you will take off from Gatwick and Land in Sanford and visa-versa on the return

Gower
Row 37 during the summer on a flight to Cuba had tv screen in the seat in front like all the other seats. Also the armrests do not come up which make it impossible to spread out especially with children. We had the old Scandanavian plane (sure Dazbo can explain) on the way back. Drop down screens mostly not working but the armrests did come out which meant the children slept quite well!
doz123,

Your flight will most probably be operated by an Airbus A320-200.

Seating is configured 3-3

More information including seating plans on our what aircraft? thread (linked in my signature)

Gower
Thanks Gower for the quick response and the reassurance that our flight will be direct.
I know that the same flight end June/early July is now going via GLA as fellow passengers have been formally advised
Is this a regular TC routing each summer or a new change to support GLA Passengers following demise of Globespan ?

Do you know at what date in the summer the direct flights recommence if they are going to be back to direct for me at end Aug ?
These are all Friday TCX flights (74K / 74L) ex LGW to SFB ?

Cheers.
Sorry -one other question - the end June/July flights TCX 74k/l that DO go via GLA - do they go via GLA on both legs ? Ta
neavsie wrote:
We had the old Scandanavian plane (sure Dazbo can explain)

The aircraft (then My Travel Denmark) was ordered / delivered at the same time as those for My Travel (UK). The aircraft is no older / younger.

andyacb wrote:
The only reason I can think of for this is that the row 36 seats in front arent at an angle?

Row 36 are standard seats. It's tow 37 that is set at an angle to cater for the 'bend' in the fuselage and those behing are stagered rather then angled.

Darren
GGin,

I thought you were travelling end of August / september? The flights are non-stop and don't operate via Glasgow.

Darren
Darren - thanks for the response. Yes I do fly end Aug and am relieved that my flight is direct so I dont have to cancel.
I know of others flying end June return beg July. Same flight LGW-SFB same flight number who have now been advised that their flight now goes via GLA. Both our TCX74K/L flights were given an original dept time of 10.30 - both now showing as 10.10. Thus me asking if the same thing is on the cards for me !

If a flight DOES go via GLA - will it do so both legs - I can let them know.

Sorry if not clear earlier.
GGin wrote:
Yes I do fly end Aug and am relieved that my flight is direct so I dont have to cancel

If flights have changed, it's not showing on the flight schedule as yet. Why would you cancel if it did route via GLA? It's only to pick passengers and luggage up and load a bit of fuel. It's no major hassle and only adds an hour to the journey. I've been on plenty of similar flights in the past. I can't confirm either way at the moment because all the information showing on my screen is non-stop operations. I would assume if selected flights are operating via GLA outbound, the same number of flights must operate inbound via GLA to bring those passengers back.

Darren
There also seems to be some confusion as to what defines a 'direct' flight and a 'non-stop' flight.,

A direct flight is defined as a flight with one or more intermediate stops but no change of aircraft.

A non-stop flight is defined as any flight that does not involve any intermediate stops to its final destination.

Even if the aircraft does go via Glasgow, this is still classed as a direct flight. I do not think that there would be any grounds to cancel. You were sold what you asked for ie. a direct flight.

Hope this is of some help?
Thanks Vic (happy new year!). I think you're right in posting that as there's often confusion with aviation definitions and the subtle differences between direct and non-stop flights. They almost sound the same but as you point out, they aren't and shouldn't be confused.

Darren
Thank you all for your responses - and for the useful definition of direct and non-stop. I will be sure to clarify these points when next booking.

In response to your question about cancelling - I am afraid that I may have to. My son is absolutely terrified of flying esp takeoff and landing and we are going through a lot of therapy type support to get him on the hopefully "non-stop" flight to Orlando. He has been advised to play on-line flight simulators to reduce his fear (idea is that as he broadens his understanding of flying his fear will be reduced). Not much luck as yet in finding anything suitable.

Never mind - I will keep my fingers crossed that this remains a non-stop flight

Thanks again. :wave:
GGing..
its a bit long winded but have you taken a look at the Fear of flying thread a bit further up the lights forum

wizard
Hi Darren
Hoping can help me with identifiying which aircraft we will be flying with and what the seat configuration for it is? The ref is TCX531 (Bristol to Antalya) in Sept.
Cheers
Hi Dazbo,
Wonder if you can help me out?
I booked a package holiday for April 2011 with Thomas Cook flying on 15th April from east Midland for 2 weeks and the brochures have only been out 4 weeks for winter 2010/2011. I looked yesterday and it now says on line that there are not enough seats on plane, when I do a search for my date!! (I like to check the price after I book) I went on flythomascook site and the date panel only goes up to March 2011 so cannot check that way either!! Any ideas?? or info
Thanks!
LisaW100,

Welcome onboard :tup
BRS-AYT-BRS (TCX531K/L) would normally be operated by an Airbus A320-200. It's a little early to be 100% certain what is being based where over the summer, but that's the usual aircraft. You'll find further aircraft information including seating plans on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
violet123,

We can't give out information on load factors I'm afraid, refer to this thread. If that's the information given to you on the website, then that's what you need to go on. You've booked so you'll be fine. I would assume there must be some school holidays around that time?

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.