Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Glen

In my experience hotels and appartments wont let you know if a late check out is possible until nearer the end of your holidays. I always have a late flight home and have never had a problem keeping on our rooms, as you are going in May I would think it should be possible and as you have kids I would hope your appartments would accommodate you.

With regards to you appartments being taken off the website TC are still updating their websites and they might come back on. Another reason could be that the appartments are fully booked now and not available.
Any chance of changing to a different flight with better times a different holiday or could you contact your apartments direct and book a extra night direct with them. I was a lucky one with my change of flight times. The outward journey now takes off at 14.30 instead of 07.55 which will mean not getting up in the middle of the night now but not getting back to gatwick until midnight. Thats not a problem because we have landed many times at that time. We have a late check out room booked. All the other flights out of gatwick to antalya leave late in the evening and arriving in the early hours and return and most of the others flights arrive back between 0400 to 0700 which must be a nightmare with small kids. I can understand how frustrated you are having pick a good flight time to have it changed to time you don't want.

Because of the changes to flight times being reported on this forums I checked my holiday every few days and the flight time had changed, I phoned my travel agent who said thomas cook will notify us and then we will notify you. I got them to ring thomas cook because late check out rooms are limited and once they confirmed the flight times had changed I booked the late checkout room. If I had waited to hear from thomas cook they would of been gone.

Flying a airbus A320 instead of a 757-200, makes a change to the boeing again.
Thanks for the advice.
We are unable to change the flight unless we are prepared to change airports too ! The outbound flight is ok because, as you say with yours, 17.00 on a Sunday is better than 08.00 on a Sunday! What concerns us is departing Dalaman at 00.10 which means we wont be collected til about 18 or 19.00. How did you go about booking your late checkout as I am determined to get it sorted before we travel out there.

Regards
Glen
Thomas cook has late check out on their web site you can select for £36 when booking your holiday but they are limited, thats why I got one before they went, it wasn't long after I booked mine they all went. You originally booked with direct travel and they might of offered a late check out room in the first place.

I still think your best bet is to contact the apartments and book a room for a extra night. Hotel accommodation site might do your hotel and you could book it through one of them for the extra night.
£36 is expensive for a late checkout room,especially in Turkey!!We have booked direct again for next year at Club Likya apartments in Marmaris,they charge £10 for late checkout until 9pm,our pickup isnt until 12.30am so we decided to book extra night price at £15,these tour operators really overcharge people.
hi glen i would search round for the holiday or another one and cancel that one .as it should be classed as a major change . thomas cook did it to me so i searched for another and cancelled the first one they should give you a full refund..

dave
crispy

£36 isn't expensive for a quality 4*/5* A/I hotel, if I was staying in a apartment which I booked myself direct then £36 would be expensive.

What is £36 when compared to the cost of the holiday £3300 for 5.
Glen, I stayed at these apartments last May with my husband and disabled son, we getting picked up unitl 20.45. I arranged to keep my room until the very last minute for a cost of £12 without any hassle at all.
cant think of a user name. I was refering to the price of keeping an apartment on.You did not mention in your previous post that you had booked 4/5 star all inc.
Crispy

Thats true I didn't say I was staying in a 4/5* hotel.

No problem.

I am still glad I got the late check out room even if we leave for airport at 5pm the kids can swim into the afternoon. I just don't having to rush out of the room at 12. I stayed at one hotel they wouldn't let into our room until 2pm and we had to vacate the room 10am. They said they use the international check in and out times.
It is unlikely that Direct will have late check-out rooms if they did have them they would be online or in their brochure (i used to work for them).

I have booked my holiday with them and the reason the apartments might not be coming up is more likely that they are still updating their website, my apartments don't come up flying from Glasgow but do if you choose Manchester. The whole thing is a shambles.

We also pre-booked seats with them and now don't even know they are available as our flights have also changed to Thomas Cook from My travel (bonus is of a early morning start from here and back in Glasgow at 5.15pm instead of 5.30am).

The whole thing is a mess.

Andrea
We too had a letter today from Thomas Cook changing our holiday departure from Newcastle to Manchester AND changing from 25th September departure to 23rd. None of these changes were at all suitable (as we are travelling down from Scotland). We have cancelled with TC & will receive our refund in full & have booked to go to the Holiday Village instead - better flight times too!!!!

Nickie
We to recieved a letter today from Thomas Cook changing our flight time to Belek ,Antalya airport 2008,Changed from 17.25 to 23.25 bit of a bummer ,as we like to have a few hours kip when we arrive ,looks like this time it will be straight down to breakfast ,still could be worse i suppose.
Bluepeterno1
we got the same letter too. We was meant to be leaving birmingham at 7am and now its changed to 1230 midday! Coming home its changed by 6 hours!
How rude!
Glen we shall see you there in may!
well you are lucky you got a letter from TC
changed our flight times and havent even informat us
we were looking forward to a day flight and landing back at bristolat around 7pm ish now we wont land till !2.5 :( 0am
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.