Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I haven't been on a Thomas Cook gulet but hope you have a wonderful time. With regards to the weather it should be great. Warm and sunny during the day, a little cooler at night so take fleeces. Sea temperatures are still quite warm for swimming. I always nip out in October for a bit of late summer sun but there is a slight possibility of a shower. However I've never experienced rain in October perhaps I'm just lucky.
It shoud still be pretty nice in October but I agree with JMK - you need a fleece or a warm jacket for the evenings. That whole Marmaris / Fethiye bit of the coast is very nice. You should enjoy it.
hello!
Thankyou both for your reply, that sounds about right...I'll keep my fingers crossed about having no rain! I can't wait to go, we went to Marmaris last year and it was really nice so I'm looking forward to seeing that coast!

Thankyou!!
Nicky
Just booked a 14 night gulet next May/June. Yipee!

(make a note to darn the elbow of my swimming costume)
Cool,
I'm really looking forward to it, I can't wait to get out in that lovely water....they said that there's a couple of canoes on the boat too that we can try, that will be good! 8)
I have a friend who regularly does a gulet trip in October and he says that the sea is a wonderful temperature at that time of year. It's had all summer to heat up and is glorious, so enjoy!
That sounds really nice! Only 5 weeks to go and I'll be there!!
You might also get guys coming round in speedboats to offer watersports. We've had that on all but one of our trips. Then there is the icecream boat, the boats with lil elderly ladies making pancakes (which you would love to try but you are perpetually stuffed from the gorgeous food they serve you), maybe a boat or two selling knick knacks like jewellry or honey.

It's great. They all come to you while you lounge around sunning yourself. Perfect.
Now that sounds like my kind of holiday! Thanks for telling me that, I'll pass it onto the others I'm going with..I think they'll be impressed!
Hope I haven't ruined any surprises. :(
No of course not! It's nice to hear about it!
It will be interesting to read your reports when you all return from your gulet cruises. I don't think we have a catogory for them but may be next summer (Mods Please).
I would love to go on one but was put off by a couple who had been on one for a week and was staying in out hotel. She complained about how choppy it was all the time, this was in July.
I went on a cuise around the Canary Islands and the first night was awful but we went to the docs and got an injection did not feel a thing and it lasted a week. It cost £18 each and was money very well spent.
Marg
I was thinking the same thing Neknit. What about a 'sticky' or something Mods? Gulet cruises are specific to Turkey afterall. :bow
Well the fact of the matter is that whilst they do seem to be gaining in popularity you can only have so many gulets sailing around the coastal areas. Which is a good thing, as it wouldn't be fun if you were jostling for space in what was supposed to be a quiet bay! So the market has been and will remain a lot smaller than for resort holidays.

I've found it's a topic that doesn't come up that much on forums at all.
Neknit

I have been on about ten or so gulets, Mostly between Marmaris and Fethiye and the only choppy weather we ever seem to get is when they have an early morning start to get to the Dalyan area if people have requested the trip. Even then I have never felt ill and have only known one person in (approx) 150 passengers to suffer badly from seasickness.

Nothing in the world compares to the chill out on a gulet although you can still be pretty active if you choose.

There is swimming, snorkling, canoe, windsurfer (sometimes), walking (best while ashore) and falling over drunk. You might also get banana boat, jet ski or water skiing.

As an active person I always insist on stirring my own tea.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.