Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think you need to really push them on this one. It seems quite clear that they are not, now, giving you what you booked. You can prove it from your paperwork. Have a look in their Terms and Conditions, which should be on their website, as well as in the brochure. Look at the section re changes made by Thomas Cook, to see where you stand. They should, definitely, have told you about the change.I cannot see that they can possibly justify charging you to now "change" your booking.
Thank you. I will let you know how i go on. I think they will say I am getting what I booked ie. a twin room but we will see. Looking at the prices now and I only booked 12th Jan the prices have gone up and they are goodish flight times so rather than give the money to Cook I would maybe get our own accom there rather than pay them £60.
Margaret
That's a great idea. The same as we do when we go to Turkey. We book a Cosmos holiday, using Tesco clubcard vouchers, which are worth 4 times their face value. Then we just use the flights and stay in our own villa.
Got it sorted. They agreed I should have told about the attic rooms and we have been moved to the Gondol apartments on the canal.
I could have cancelled with a full return of deposit but the flights have gone up so much that it meant if we cancelled we would not be going.
Thomas Cook seemed to have booked attic rooms in quite a few properties in Icmeler. Sun Village, Minimote, and the Navy are also using attic rooms.
Thank you
Margaret
Hi Margaret. I'm glad you got a good result. Enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.