General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Surely if they are going to price match,they have to absorb the £10 !!!! :que
I don't think £10 is a huge amount for a person to sit and do the paperwork. If you don't want to pay it, go back home and book online.

It is just the same for my scuba shop, if I buy online they process the order in their time so the prices are discounted, if I go into the shop I am paying them a small premium to serve me.

---
- Fiona
Have come across this in the past with Thomson. But, in my personal experience the shop will often not charge you, particularly if you are a repeat customer. The one I use does not charge me. I simply find the holiday on the net and give them a call first telling them what I have found then go in and book it.
Personally I enjoy going in to book it rather than do it on the internet. One change that does seem to apply is they will not take a booking over the phone for an internet holiday.

fwh
One change that does seem to apply is they will not take a booking over the phone for an internet holiday.

Is that a recent thing then because I have been doing this for years to get the best deal, and most recently March of this year for my holiday in June - I found a holiday on Thomson online phoned and booked over the phone and they price matched
I don't think £10 is a huge amount for a person to sit and do the paperwork. If you don't want to pay it, go back home and book online.

As a solo I agree the £10 was acceptable but for a family £40 + would be a big hit.
Sorry -don't agree with a few of these last posts - a price match is exactly that - I would expect to pay the internet price - not plus £10 (or £50 or whatever)
well thats weird because i booked my holiday with them online and when i phoned them they were more expensive so said to me to book online price..also rang up the other day to pay the final bill.and they wouldnt take my brothers credit card it has to be a person travelling thats a new thing apparently thats come in,...as of last year we paid on my bros card..
kazza36 wrote:
well thats weird because i booked my holiday with them online and when i phoned them they were more expensive so said to me to book online price..also rang up the other day to pay the final bill.and they wouldnt take my brothers credit card it has to be a person travelling thats a new thing apparently thats come in,...as of last year we paid on my bros card..

Is your brother not travelling ? In which case I think they are right not to accept his credit card, how do they know you aren't making a fraudulent transaction.

---
- Fiona
Feebee wrote:

Is your brother not travelling ? In which case I think they are right not to accept his credit card, how do they know you aren't making a ***** transaction.

---
- Fiona

I've booked and paid for flights for my sister to fly over from Spain using my card , if Thomson don't allow that now then i will have to book with someone else, it might just be that the cardholder has to be registered and make the booking
andy66 wrote:
Feebee wrote:

Is your brother not travelling ? In which case I think they are right not to accept his credit card, how do they know you aren't making a ***** transaction.

---
- Fiona

I've booked and paid for flights for my sister to fly over from Spain using my card , if Thomson don't allow that now then i will have to book with someone else, it might just be that the cardholder has to be registered and make the booking

Andy so you made the booking, kazza said she made the booking but wanted to use someone else card to make the payment.

Fiona
Just come back from booking a holiday for next February. Found what we wanted on Thursday evening - rang Friday and told them the holiday and price on the web. Went today and paid my money. I asked the question about the charges and yes in theory they should. But as she said why would anyone want to pay extra. They simply price match it. One point about using the shop (having first found it on the net) the young lady I deal with actually took time to see if she could get it any cheaper.

fwh
One point about using the shop (having first found it on the net) the young lady I deal with actually took time to see if she could get it any cheaper.

That is very good :) . My experience with Thomascook is the other way round, they actually check to see if i'm actually telling the truth about the online price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.