Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
doz123,

It's just knock-on delays from previous technical and weather issues from what I can see.

Darren
Well sat at manchester waiting for TOM158 to take off to Goa! Night in hotel and it looks like the 15:35 time we were given is now more like 18:00.

I feel for all those eleswhere with more serious delays. Good luck to all those people. I have a £5 voucher in my hand......oh what to buy what to buy.
According to Dabolim Departures the Plane does not take off from Goa until 7pm. I wonder what the problem is with this plane seems to be having a lot of delays. I travel on this plane in 3 weeks hope the p[roblem is sorted out by then.
doz123,

You may not be on that particular aircraft as they have more than one!

Darren
This is what I wrote back in August of this year:

Looking into going back to Cuba (Varadero) next year May 2011 and checking the flights it is now showing that Thomson is not flying into Varadero but Havana instead?

As we are now not going to Kenya next year but are considering either Aruba (quite pricey) or back to Varadero again (quite reasonable) I now discovered that First Choice / Thomson don't go there anymore from LGW. Only flight option is from Manchester :que

Anybody know if this is a permanent decision or something to be revised?

Mark :)
Hi Darren, we are (hopefully) flying out to Lanzarote on Thursday 23rd Dec.
Flight no TOM 2402, could you please tell me where this flight is coming in from prior to our flight.
Merry Christmas :cheers
netty10,

The aircraft normally comes in from Sharm el Sheikh (TOM738/9) with the look of it then night stops so there's plenty of time in between.

Darren
My friend is currently delayed in Cancun he is due back on flight TOM569 Cancun - Birmingham can anybody please confirm the aircraft reg and the reason for the delay I presume its because of the weather as the inbound flight from Acapulco
Thanks so much Darren, that gives me some hope, at least it's not coming in from some where that could be snow bound. :tup
just wondering........we booked earlier this year with thomsons to sharm el sheikh from luton on the 11th april for ten days, prior to that i didnt realise luton did ten day flights, so was happy, however now i cant find that info, would that be because the flight is full or am i gonna be getting a letter saying there is only 7 or 14 day flights
uno28,

It's a weather related delay I believe. Aircraft registration should be G-OBYG.

Darren
DebbieCambs,

There are flights from LTN to SSH on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday so there are various holiday options available. You won't be getting a letter, don't worry!

Darren
Hi flying out 25/12/10 on tom2662 man to fue could anyone help,where will this flight come from and what time does it arrive in manchester thanks in advance
christiger007,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-FUE-MAN (TOM2662/3) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. It's the first flight out of the day at 0830. The flight previous is MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM2570/1) arriving back in MAN at 1830 on Friday evening, then it night stops.

Darren
thanks dazbo fingers crossed it will be first out
Earlier in the thread I asked if anyone knew if the substitution of an Arkefly plane on journeys to & from Holguin was a temporary measure. It still appears to be happening - this week's "Thomson" flight to Holguin was via the Arkefly 767 with no Premium seating and having to go via DR as "it couldn't carry enough fuel!"
I'm starting to get worried now ...I couldn't survive a long flight in 29" leg room - they would have to supply a wheel chair to get me off cos my knees would have locked up.
Can any of the regular posters who have "inside" knowledge, put my mind at rest ? :que
brewerdave,

Some flights are being covered by an Arkefly 763 (PH-AHX), eg TOM022/3 yesterday. Unless you have been contacted by the airline to inform you your flights have been changed, you shouldn't be on this aircraft. Having been across the Atlantic several times on these aircraft (it's only been 33" seat pitch since 2008 remember with Thomsonfly, 2005 with FCA), it's not as bad as you imagine. It's far from ideal and not what you expected when you booked and poor management for the premium passengers, but it's not the end of the world either.

brewerdave wrote:
having to go via DR as "it couldn't carry enough fuel!"

I can't see that being the case. Subject to routing, it wouldn't go anywhere near the DR onroute to Holguin! The exception being if they routed on the southerly track over the Azores (normally for heavy traffic / restrctions / jet stream position or when routing to the eastern Caribbean) and they had stronger than expected headwinds so diverted for fuel (technical diversion), it wouldn't normally be required. PH-AHX is a Boeing 767-300/ER, the same as other aircraft in the fleet with the same endurance (11+ hours).

Darren
Thanks for the response Darren, however, I'm going on the info posted on the TA forum by someone who actually flew this week! The "via DR for fuel" story was what they were fed by the flight crew after embarking!!. The same thing happened two weeks ago but the story was then "planes out of position".
I've flown the Atlantic in 29" legroom several years ago and its an experience I wouldn't want to repeat - I'm 6'4" and at 60 ,not as flexible as I once was!I've actually booked extra leg room rather than Premium but the worry is that we will get bounced out of those seats in favour of someone who has booked the (possibly) unavailable Premium seating.
I suppose I'll have to keep everything crossed until March. :(
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.